Director of Brewing Operations
Kane Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Kane Brewing Company is a fast growing production brewery located on the coast of New Jersey in Ocean Township. We specialize in American-style, Belgian-influenced and barrel-aged beers. We are looking to add a full time Director of Brewing Operations to our growing team. This position will oversee production schedules and ensure implementation of all standard operating procedures to maintain consistency, quality and efficiency throughout the production process. As part of the management team, this position will work with other area leaders to develop and achieve our brewery wide goals. A thorough understanding of all aspects of beer production, including grain handling, yeast management, filtration, packaging and QA/QC is required. This position reports directly to the President and Founder.
- With the Head Brewer and Brewing team, ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to, improved upon when applicable as well as utilized for new hire training.
- Hold all team members accountable to operating within brewery procedures.
- Work with President on production planning and forecasting.
- Manage production and packaging team scheduling.
- Oversee key sourcing and raw material relationships critical for our core beers.
- Maintain brewing, cellaring, packaging and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
- Maintain brewing areas to ensure operations comply with Quality, Sanitation and Safety standards.
- Identify areas of increased operational efficiencies and drive continuous improvement culture throughout production team.
- Develop performance and productivity metrics for all production areas and hold team members accountable for achieving these goals.
- Mange and expand clean barrel-aging program.
- Fully leverage Orchestrated Beer brewery management software to streamline ordering, scheduling, and improve overall efficiency of production.
- Oversee the purchasing and negotiations for brew house materials, and packaged goods, as well as the inventory management of above and finished products.
- With the Lab Technician and President, develop and review quality reports/statistics to ensure consistent, quality finished goods.
- Identifying and correct production bottlenecks and assist in managing equipment selection required to execute growth initiatives.
- Assist in equipment and vendor selection and purchase.
- Ensure compliance with all Alcohol and Tobacco, Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) standards and required documentation.
- Conducts annual performance reviews with all direct reports.
- Assist, as needed, with production including brewing, cellaring, packaging, cleaning, organizing and any other ordinary brewery task.
- 5+ years of experience in a production brewery of 15,000+ bbls annual production
- 7-10+ years in the brewing industry
- Significant experience managing barrel-aging program
- Degree in Brewing Science or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Previous experience with ERP software such as Orchestrated beer.
- Project management skills related to brewery expansion and growth projects.
- Possess technical/mechanical expertise and can troubleshoot and fix production equipment.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to lead and motive a growing team.
- High level of attention to detail and strong communication skills.
Compensation based on experience. Benefits include PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, 401(k) and free beer.
As with all our positions at Kane Brewing Company we are looking for someone with a passion for great beer, a strong work ethic and a team player that is looking for a position at a fast growing brewery.