Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Have you often been talking to someone about your favorite beer, meal or brewery and thought, "Wow, I should work for a brewery!"? Do you have a level of expertise in the world of facilities, mechanical systems, fluid dynamics and electrical systems/automation? Have you successfully managed multiple project at the same time? Maybe you’ve even brewed your own beer at home. Then you may be who we are looking for!
The Brewery Engineer is hands on responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all equipment, systems and processes at Figueroa Mountain Brewery in Buellton. Including but not limited to 60 BBL Braukon & 15 BBL Premier, canning, bottling and packaging lines, filtration, brewery tanks and lines, forklifts, refrigeration, HVAC and electrical systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Applies manufacturing systems best practices in order to drive down costs, improve quality and enhance our ability to cost-effectively deliver and sell more beer.
- Develop the scope of the Engineering projects assigned and execute projects on-schedule and under budget.
- Effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for all equipment maintenance and daily upkeep of repair logs.
- Is the single point of contact for systems and maintenance related issues.
- Ensures operation is conducted in a safe and environmentally friendly manner at all times, identifying and highlighting unsafe work practices and correcting with urgency.
- Working with Production Manager and Human Resources, leads the safety program.
- Owns systems disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- May assist in the development, design, and management of capital projects with a focus on beer production best practices always front of mind.
- Travel to other facilities as needed for equipment maintenance and support.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires infrequent car travel to other brewery locations.
- B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or other Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience with high-speed bottling/canning/packaging in a food/beverage industry is highly desirable.
- Strong background in mechanical systems such as welding, part fabrication, fluid dynamics, pneumatics, and plumbing is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to deliver under tight timelines.
- A high competence and background in electrical systems such as controls, automation, VFDs, PLCs is desirable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Strong technical, analytical, and cross-functional problem-solving skills
- Leads by example, acts as an owner, results oriented and customer focused
- Good project management skills with practical experience
- Hands-on experience with the configuration and troubleshooting of the instrumentation and controls processing equipment and the associated PLC controls is preferred.
- Experience with food processing equipment is preferred.
- Experience with brewing equipment is very desirable.