Pretoria Fields Brewery
Apply for this Job
Pretoria Fields, LLC, is looking for a Lead Brewer. This is a non-supervisory position that direct reports to the Director of Brewing Operations. The following will be some of the responsibilities of the position:
- Ability to brew current recipes with precision;
- Assist in developing barrel program;
- Participate and coordinate brewing and quality control process;
- Keg, operate canning line, and small run bottling;
- Ability to create recipes on a 30 bbl. system;
- Assist in managing raw materials, inventory control, scheduling, hop contracts, purchasing and receiving of all materials on site;
- Maintenance and organization of brewing and packaging records;
- Use online management software;
- Yeast management, including cropping, starters, pitch rates, cell counts, generation tracking;
- Cellar operations including, tank transfers, and sanitation of all brewery components;
- Equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and good problem solving skills;
- Train team as needed;
- Work with chemicals and willingness to adhere to safety, environmental and brew-house standards at all times;
- All other Pertinent assigned Duties;
Two years of brewing experience at a high level and a comprehensive understanding of how the brewing and administrative process works together, is required.
This is a full time salaried, exempt employee position that will not be subject to overtime. You will be able to participate in any employee benefit program at your own expense. Your pay increase will be based on Pretoria Fields compensation program and your performance.
Pretoria Fields is Georgia’s only Farmhouse Brewery. Our downtown facility consists of a tasting room, outdoor green space and a production area that houses our 30 BBL Brewhouse. The new, 23,000 sq-ft facility is state of the art and sits on an acre lot in Downtown Albany, GA. We also have several hundred acres of farmland and are expanding to a farm facility that will focus on our barrel & souring program.