Area Sales Manager - NYC & Long Island
Southern Tier Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Position: Area Sales Manager (ASM) Job Type: FT, Regular, Salaried
Location: New York: NYC & Long Island
Reports to: VP, Sales
Supervisory Responsibilities: 1 Field Sales Representative
Now is your opportunity to join a growing and thriving organization that is revolutionizing the craft brewing industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company seeks an Area Sales Manager for its growing Sales Team. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the 13th largest craft brewing company in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
The candidate’s mission will be to support the sales efforts for Southern Tier Brewing Company. The Area Sales Manager is responsible for leading a team of Field Sales Representatives as well as growing sales, increasing brand presence and strengthening relationships with distributor partners for a defined region.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is looking for World Class Candidates who share our appreciation for quality beer and who want to join World Class Organization. Our mission is to be the largest craft brand in all of our core markets.
- Cultivate and strengthen the critical relationship between Southern Tier and our distributor partners.
- Grow volume and distribution targets through execution of STBC sales initiatives.
- Lead and inspire a Field Sales Representative team with a focus on future growth opportunities.
- Effectively communicate sales and marketing initiatives with STBC Sales Team and Distributor partners.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual sales calls and business reviews with distributor partners and key retailers.
- Execute wholesaler engagement initiatives to motivate and inspire all distributor personnel.
- Manage local budgets including volume, sales and marketing, and distributor.
- Utilize sales tools (IRI, Nielsen, VIP) to analyze, develop and implement strategic sales plans.
- Reviews weekly business reports and market surveys with Regional Sales Manager.
- Monitor shipments and inventory while adhering to Southern Tier’s strict quality standards.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the VP of Sales and fellow members of the Southern Tier team.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, price surveys, etc.).
- Attend special events, festivals, beer dinners & tastings as needed.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties and cover other territories as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Marketing concentration is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in craft beer sales is desirable; preference will be given to those with beverage sales or consumer product goods experience.
- Candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook, and have reliable internet access from home.
- Team Management experience, with the ability to coach and mentor direct reports.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Must live in the market where the position is located.
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period with Southern Tier Brewing Company.
- Intensive travel schedule and flexible work schedule will be required, with regular visits to bars, restaurants, other retailers and warehouses.
- The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative not only Southern Tier Brewing Company but of the alcohol beverage industry. Associates are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the Southern Tier Brewing Company. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by termination.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the Job Description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer