Evolution Craft Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Evolution Craft Brewing seeks new Brewmaster
Evolution Craft Brewing Co. is a top rated brewery in Maryland’s emerging craft brewing scene and home to the Mid-Atlantic’s number 1 selling IPA, Lot no. 3.
We are seeking an inspired, energetic and creative brewer to join our team who has both experience and drive. With a seasoned palate and passion for culinary craft beer, this progressive brewer must also possess leadership skills to advance our talented production staff during a critical time of accelerated growth into current and new markets.
Evolution doesn’t just make top-rated beers. We make top-rated beers that pair with great food. Currently we have nine different mainline beers, four seasonal, and seven lambic-style large format (750 mL) bottle conditioned limited releases. From lighter style pilsners to stouts and sours, the Brewmaster must have a diversified eye that separates them from the rest with an impressive track record to show it.
In just eight years, Evolution is currently projected to produce and sell 26,000 bbl in the Mid-Atlantic States, Japan and the United Kingdom for the upcoming year. This Brewmaster must possess foresight to advance with our company by creating new and unique beers that constantly push the boundaries.
Evolution Craft Brewing is situated in Salisbury, Maryland on the beautiful Delmarva Peninsula just two hours from Washington DC, Baltimore and Virginia Beach. The brewery sits above a pure aquifer, boasting the Eastern Shore’s best well water. Our facility is ever-expanding and we have some very exciting additions coming in 2018.
For more information please visit www.evolutioncraftbrewing.com
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the Evolution Craft brewing facility, including a 40-bbl 4-vessel Newlands Brewhouse, bottling line and keg filler, and soon to add canning in the late spring.
- Working with management team to uphold our high standards of quality and ensure Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to and improved on as possible.
- Collaborating with owner to lead the creative process in designing unique and inspiring new beers while fine-tuning and improving existing beers
- Building, developing and leading a team of passionate production employees
- Working with management team on production planning and forecasting
- Managing raw ingredient inventories, cost of goods, scheduling, forecasts and contracts.
- Maintaining detailed records of beer production.
- Managing and developing procedures for quality testing and control.
- Continuously innovating and improving both product and operational and brewing practices and processes.
- Working with management team to maintain safety and OSHA standards.
- Managing and expanding our clean and sour/wild barrel-aging program.
- Willingness to serve as main point of contact and liaison with media, customers, suppliers, beer trade publications, and other breweries.
- Working with marketing team to improve the profile of the brewery.
- Being willing to contribute to tasks outside your key responsibilities.
- Being able to appreciate beer without personal abuse-related problems.
Knowledge, skill and experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years in a professional brewing capacity, preferably, though not required, with a degree or certification in brewing science and technology
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have fantastic communication skills, both internally and externally
- Must have excellent project management and organizational skills
- Must have a methodical nature with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have a solid understanding of all aspects of wort production, yeast handling, cellaring, CIP and sanitizing
- Must have a strong mechanical background and aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems
- Should have the ability to develop, execute and manage a brewery preventative maintenance (PM) program
- Should have prior packaging, bottling and racking experience
- Should have a good understanding of Lab Operations/Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Should have “hands on” leadership skills, with the ability to work within and lead as a part of a team
- Should have inventory management experience; ordering raw materials and parts, recording and monitoring raw materials and parts in house
- Capable of managing a staff with the desire to teach others
- Should have a strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure and multitask
Competitive salary and other incentives based on experience.
401k plan offered
Health,Dental,and Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.