Hop Minded Brewer
Newport Storm Brewery
Apply for this Job
Position reports directly to the Brewmaster and is responsible for monitoring and carrying out brewery operations. The position is also expected to learn and take on the responsibility for various cellar and quality operations, in addition to the primary duties of brewer. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high degree of motivation, accept responsibility for process outcomes, and have the ability to troubleshoot, analyze and fix mechanical issues. Show flexibility to work shifts and weekends outside of their primary schedule due to unforeseen circumstances in the brewery world. Looking for someone with hop forward thinking and passion.
- Ability to test batch with personal creativity. Budget to be experiment.
- Daily wort production of the 30 bbl brewing operations.
- Participation in cellar, yeast management, and quality control tasks.
- Comply with all brewing and quality assurance operations, policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with all members of the brewing and quality teams.
- In the event of process irregularities, demonstrate an ability to take decisive action that leads to resolution, while abiding by sound brewing principles.
- Support and promote core values and purpose of the brand.
- 1-3 years of experience in a production brewery, canning and bottling.
- Ability to think outside the box, engineering focused mind preferred
- Proven mechanical knowhow and savvy, adapted to brewery life
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office/Google applications.
- Friendly, positive, confident and engaging attitude.
- Demonstrated safe working habits.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs continuously.
- Barrel aging knowledge.
- Pay based on experience.
- Paid vacation for salaried employees.
- Opportunities to attend industry based events and professional development.
- Health benefits.
- Simple IRA