Area Sales Manager - Alabama
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co
Apply for Job
America’s premier artisan brewer is looking for an exceptional person who loves good beer and wants to craft a career pursuing their passion to serve as Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s AREA SALES MANAGER for the Alabama market. The primary focus is to espouse the virtues of good beer to motivate key on- and off-premise accounts and distributor sales teams to feature good beer more often. Some of the components of this multi-faceted job include: increasing distribution, displays, on- and off-premise features and promotions, staff training, POS (point-of-sale) management, and leading the thought about good beer within the distributor and in the marketplace. Accomplishing such feats requires an outstanding person who has demonstrated incomparable work in previous jobs within the beverage alcohol industry.
We are a growing company, so we are looking for candidates who can grow with us by demonstrating a high capacity to learn and take on new challenges.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Candidates must demonstrate examples of being a self-starter and possess strong organizational skills as they will be required to work from a home office.
- This job requires an excellent work ethic, extensive passion for good beer, knowledge of breweries and beer styles, and the ability to grow Sierra Nevada’s business at the retail and distributor level.
- Must be able to lift 35lb cases and maneuver and place 163lb kegs.
- This position requires a significant amount of night work.
- Extensive car travel is required, with approximately 6-8 nights/month overnight (some flying).
Required Education & Experience
- The focus of the job is to work with distributors and key retailers to build Sierra Nevada’s business in the Alabama market. Consequently, experience working with distributors and suppliers is critical to success in this position.
- This position requires computer knowledge and proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite (including the ability to enter, retrieve, and interpret data in spreadsheets), the ability to understand the market planning process, a basic understanding and use of selling skills, public speaking skills, and the ability to express oneself in an articulate, succinct and professional manner.
- A minimum of FIVE YEARS total beverage alcohol industry related experience required.
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent experience) is REQUIRED, 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) preferred.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- Qualified candidates must live in Birmingham area
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license free of any major violations in the last FIVE years
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment driver license check
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.