Baxter Brewing- Accounting Administrator
Baxter Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Baxter Brewing Company
Located in a renovated, textile mill built in the mid-1800s in downtown Lewiston, Maine, Baxter Brewing Company is one of the fastest growing breweries in the Northeast. Baxter’s beers can be found throughout New England, New Jersey, and eastern New York. Baxter was the first brewery in New England to can 100% of its craft beer offerings.
Baxter’s beers are as individual and creative as its brewers who strive to brew stylistically correct and incredibly balanced beers. Baxter’s beers provide a gateway to the craft beer community while also maintaining a high level of quality and taste for craft beer veterans. The brand is neither oversimplified nor inaccessible.
The Accounting Administrator is responsible for many of the core Administrative and Accounting functions at Baxter Brewing Co. This position works closely with the Controller, Production, Sales, and Warehouse Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the brewing staff to gather data to ensure that the system (Orchestrated Beer) matches what is physically happening in the brewery.
- Monthly inventory counts for the brewing area.
- Processing goods receipts, orders, credits, payments and other tasks as necessary.
- Weekly entry of taproom activity
- Counting cash and preparing deposits.
- Process weekly Keg inventory activity
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Associates degree or higher in a related field (such as business, restaurant or hospitality management, accounting etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability in computer software such as spreadsheets, word processors, and enterprise software.
- Experience in a brewery or with the Orchestrated Beer software is a big plus
- A passion for craft beer, and ability to embrace Baxter’s core values
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, and spreadsheets
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Proven ability to streamline and make processes more efficient
- Ability to learn new software systems
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to focus amongst multiple distractions, and to multitask
- Basic understanding of G/L accounts a MUST
- Enterprise Software Experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Baxter Brewing Company offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience. Additionally we offer health/vision insurance; dental insurance; retirement planning with a company match up to 3% of salary; paid time off; a killer work environment; and there’s beer. Complete details are outlined in the Baxter Employee Handbook. The hours for this position at 8:00am to 4:30pm M-F with some flexibility. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org