National Chain Accounts Manager
Avery Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
NATIONAL CHAIN ACCOUNTS MANAGER
Based in beautiful Boulder, Colorado, Avery Brewing Company is seeking an experienced and skilled National Chain Accounts Manager to establish and grow our presence and sales through National chain accounts. This Senior Sales position will be a key element in furthering Avery’s established 24 year path as a leading National Craft Beer Leader into the future.
Reports to: National Sales & Marketing Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow and develop Avery points of distribution and volume through new and existing National and Regional chain accounts in both off an on-premise.
- Identify opportunities for additional distribution and rate of sale with National and Regional account partners
- Develop and conduct National Account Call presentations.
- Identify and develop programming opportunities with national and regional partners that best represent Avery Brewing as it relates to quality and culture and the development of our brand.
- Work directly with and maintain constant communication with all Avery sales team, distributor and National Accounts partners new item gains/deletes/swaps, inventory levels, programming, out of stocks, ads, displays, sampling opportunities, and general support.
- Develop monthly and quarterly chain account target lists built from goals and objectives related to Avery Brewing’s overall brand focuses.
- Maintain consistent market visitation schedule between all territories; schedule to include distribution and retail level to all on and off-premise account partners.
- Analyze VIP and Syndicated Data (IRI) to identify Avery trends and opportunities and to communicate Avery and competitor activity to Avery, it’s wholesalers, and national accounts.
- Manage distributor network performance to ensure accurate and effective execution on placements and measuring results.
- Maximize the use of POS and programming materials by creating and supporting national campaigns.
- Perform ongoing quality control of beer outside of the brewery. The ability to spot poor beer rotation, dated or damaged product is essential.
- Represent Avery in alignment with brand standards, values, and obsession for quality
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 5-7 years experience within National Accounts as a member and/or leader of a craft beer or bev alc team.
- Proven track record with account/industry analysis, presentation development, reporting, and analysis.
- Travel expectation to be aligned with National Account Call Priorities and can be expected to include 5-10 days per month.
- Experience with National syndicated national account sales data and /CRM software.
- Clear background check including Motor Vehicle Records
- Valid drivers’ license and reliable registered and insured vehicle
- Strong Analytical and opportunity evaluation applied into National Accounts presentations.
- Good technology skills with a focus on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, various social media, industry programs such as VIP/SAP and more are needed. Ongoing education and personal development in all areas is expected.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish sales goals
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong understanding of the craft beer scene and the existing liquor laws
Compensation: Compensation includes salary, phone allowance, mileage allowance, and expense account. Avery Brewing Co. is a family-owned business with excellent benefits including but not limited to group health insurance, 401(k), competitive vacation time, and a very liberal beer sampling program.