Craft Sales Rep - Northwest
Malteurop North America
Apply for Job
The Craft Brewery Sales Representative, working under the direction and with the Director of Commercial Sales, will actively identify, coordinate and manage malt sales development to the craft brewery market in the Northwestern region of USA & Canada. The targeted markets will initially be defined to mean brewers with production capacity of 200,000 bbls. or less (on an annual basis). The Northwestern region includes CO, MT, ID, WY, UT, AZ and NM. This position will work closely with the Sales and Planning, Procurement/Supply Chain, Customer Services and Executive Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales and Distribution
Provide sales, consulting and related services to and on behalf of MENA, with primary emphasis on establishing MENA as a supplier of pale malt in the Northeast. Cultivate and develop customer relations within assigned territory and coordinate shipments of malt to the breweries from plants and transloads.
- Introduce brewers to Malteurop, including production brewers, micros and brew pubs to build sales volume.
- Implement all sales and sales budgets, marketing plans, brand development, advertising and travel budgets.
- Develop market database and maintenance of sales in territory.
- Maintain customer contacts and develop/maintain customer contact reports.
- Develop and implement malt logistics, packaging and handling programs to reach targeted market with help from MENA Logistics departments.
- Oversee inventory forecasting and shipments to customers.
- Help develop and oversee marketing plans and strategies.
- With sales manager, develop and implement market strategies along with one to three year sales plans.
- Collects data on competitors, market pricing, distribution, volumes and general market information.
- Compile and submit reports on customer visits.
- Ability to interact with brewery management in order to develop trusted, long lasting relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Sales & Marketing, Business Administration or other related disciplines
- 3+ years’ experience in Food Production industry experience; Prefer Malting/Brewing experience
- 5+ years of commercial or technical sales experience – sale or business development
- Salesforce.com experience a plus however experience using an CRM system is required
- Strong communication/presentation and organization skills with the ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to deal with conflict, complexity & ambiguity internally & externally
- Ability to develop and leverage deep customer knowledge/insights: builds trust and strong relationships with customers; shares customer knowledge and insights within MENA; creates a positive customer experience that sets MENA apart from our competitors
- Strong conceptual thinking and time management skills
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Strong negotiation skills
- Passion for ‘Craft Beer’
- Ability to travel domestically 50%+
Malteurop is an Equal Opportunity Employer