New York City Field Sales Rep
Allagash Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Working at Allagash:
We have a culture of passion for what we do. No one here just shows up, punches in, does the minimum and punches out. People are constantly thinking of ways to innovate: “How can I improve quality?” “How can I develop a new beer?” “How can I give visitors to the brewery a better tour experience?”
As any organization grows, it gets to a size where one person can’t do it all by themselves. We feel that it is critical to our success to empower and inspire everyone in the organization to help innovate and improve our business, so we benefit from the resources of over 120 highly engaged, passionate people. Each person, regardless of department, level or position is able to have an impact on total operations.
Entry level brewery sales position responsible for supporting and promoting the Allagash brand within Kings and Queens Counties, Long Island and Staten Island
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other tasks may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Complete daily account calls to existing Allagash accounts and cold calls to prospective accounts
- Work regularly with wholesaler representatives to increase sales and distribution
- Report time spent in each market daily to area manager and wholesaler representatives
- Engage in daily communication with brewery on “status of market”
- Facilitate communication and information flow between Allagash and our customers
- Conduct regular trade inspections to ensure beer is in code, rotated and merchandised at the retail level
- Submit plan for upcoming week to area manager on a weekly basis
- Organize events that most effectively drive the Allagash brand and showcase Allagash beer
- Schedule and conduct trainings and tastings with retailer staff and consumers
- Create displays in retail accounts to promote the Allagash brand
- Conduct sales meetings and trainings with wholesaler representatives
- Assist with regular inspections of wholesaler warehouses to ensure proper product rotation and storage and QC standards
- Attend both weekday and weekend festivals in support of the Allagash brand
- Attend and actively participate in departmental meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience within some aspect of the three tier system or customer service industry preferred
- Must possess valid US driver’s license
Essential Skills and Experience
- Positive attitude in communication with coworkers, accounts and wholesale partners
- Passion and knowledge of the craft beer segment
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- High level of organizational ability, including time management
- Computer savvy: experienced with Google Docs and Microsoft Office
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is a mix of active and sedentary work that will include significant amounts of walking and driving between accounts, as well as telephone and computer work.
- Must be able to lift 60 lb to move beer and merchandise.
Schedule of Employment:
To apply, please submit a resume AND a cover letter explaining your interest in Allagash.