Fremont Brewing Co
Apply for Job
Fremont Brewing is hiring a full-time Event Coordinator based in Seattle responsible for Fremont’s participation in all national, local, and in-house events. The role of Event Coordinator is to ensure that Fremont is providing a professional, responsible, effective, and fun experience through events of all shapes and sizes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Responsibilities & Expectations
- Serve as primary contact for all events that Fremont is participating in or organizing, completing all administrative work involved
- Represent Fremont at festivals and special events, maintaining a professional and appropriate demeanor at all times
- Manage Fremont’s Event Representative and six part-time Event Help members to ensure events are appropriately staffed
- Support Marketing & Events Manager on Fremont’s large, high profile events and sponsorships
- Support Marketing & Events Manager with development and execution of new, in-house events, managing budgets, vendors, permitting, etc.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Event Equipment area (jockey boxes, regulators, marketing materials, etc.)
- Manage the Events section of the Fremont Brewing website as well as our internal calendar, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Provide ongoing input and ideas on how to improve our internal events and our presence at outside events
- Research and identify potential new events, regularly review all current events to determine if they are worth continuing
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of event coordination/management or related experience
- 1+ years in a leadership or supervisory position
- Strong computer skills (web-based email, Microsoft Office suite)
- Excellent project management skills, highly motivated, detail oriented, organized, focused, professional, and punctual
- Articulate and professional in written and verbal communication
- Critical thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- A passion for craft beer and an outgoing personality that loves connecting with people
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and a general personal of awesomeness
- Ability to work onsite, travel, and work nights and weekends as needed for events
- Valid drivers license, squeaky-clean driving record, and access to a reliable car for transportation of event equipment
- Must be at least 21 years old
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of the brewing process and draft systems
- Experience serving and talking about craft beer
- Ability to answer the question, “Why Does Beer Matter?”
- A class 12 server’s permit (must be obtained within 14 days of hire)
- Experienced and proven kitten tamer
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting up to 55 pounds, moving up to 160 pounds)
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment, and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.