Market Manager – San Francisco
Firestone Walker Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
As a Market Manager, your role is ultimately charged with increasing the sales of the most awarded beer in America. This includes direct account responsibility for key on and off-premise accounts, securing new distribution in existing and new accounts, and working closely with the distributor network in the assigned territory to maintain/develop all accounts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Aggressively pursue new on & off-premise distribution
- Call on existing key accounts to secure new distribution, making timely presentations and introducing new and “limited release” beers
- Execute weekly on and off -premise promotions and periodic special events that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as support new distribution at target accounts
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel
- Travel to company sales meetings; participate in market blitzes in other territories, and otherwise work with other members of the FW team to execute/achieve the sales plan
- Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis
- Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you and your territory
- Other duties as periodically assigned by your manager
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and prior experience in a beer/wine sales position is required
- Knowledge of all Firestone Walker beers, other craft beers and the craft beer community
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence others decision making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior through superior skill and knowledge of all our beers and the craft beer community
- Active Listening - This is the key to all sales presentation, understanding your retailer can only be achieved by listening to their needs and filling those needs
- Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Excellent organization and coordination skills- detail oriented & able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs)
- Decision making skills -collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
- Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Cicerone, or other Beer certification strongly preferred
- Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week; and lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- MUST RESIDE IN THE DESIGNATED TERRITORY (SAN FRANCISCO or SAN MATEO CA)
- MUST HAVE RELEVANT BEER/WINE/SPIRITS EXPERIENCE IN CA PREFERABLY IN THE BEER DISTRIBUTOR NETWORK
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive rate for an experienced individual with the right skills & quarterly bonus potential
- An excellent benefits package including 100% paid premiums for employee including health, dental, vision, life & LTD insurance, PTO/Sick Leave-13 days to start, 401(k) retirement plan including profit sharing & company matching, and paid holidays.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.