Apply for this Job
The Auburn Alehouse, an award-winning production brewpub located in the Sierra foothills town of Auburn, Ca, has an immediate opening on our team for a Brewer.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated individual with a passion for producing exceptional Craft beer.
Summary of Job position: The Brewer will be responsible for performing normal brewing operations including, but not limited to, wort production, dryhopping, finning and filtration, carbonation and packaging in accordance with the Alehouse SOP’s. PM, weekend shifts and Packaging line work as needed.
Duties and Resonsibities:
- Handling of Raw material and Wort production
- Yeast harvesting/counting cells/sampling for lab work
- Performing Gravity checks, pH, Dissolved Oxygen and Co2 readings
- Prepping FV’s, BBT’s and yeast brinks for use
- Filtration, Finning and transferring
- Perform/maintain weekly raw materials inventories
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace
- Upholding quality standards per SOP’s
- Performing other related duties as required
- Maintain accurate written and electronic records
- Commitment to high quality standards
- Outright hatred of DO!
- Minimum 1-3 years in production brewing/cellar work
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong knowledge of brewing process
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and quality
- Safely handle brewery chemicals
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Physical Requirements: Required to perform this job successfully.
- Ability to bend, kneel, climb stairs, and stand for long periods.
- Safely lift, move and carry up to 75 pounds repeatedly.
- Maneuver up to 165 pounds and work in tight spaces.
- Use ladders and work from heights
- Able to work in wet, cold, hot and noisy conditions
We offer competitive salary and benefits. If you feel you are the right candidate please send resume with work experience and references to email@example.com.
Please type “Brewer position” in the subject line.
No phone calls Please!