Chain Account Manager - Texas Convenience
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co
Apply for Job
We set out with a simple goal: brew the beers we wanted to drink. We started small, with a homebrew shop, a love of American hops and plenty of passion. In the process, we changed the beer world forever. Decades later, we are still at it, and the passion burns brighter than ever. Quality, integrity, people, sustainability, and community make up the culture of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
We are looking for an exceptional person who loves good beer and wants to craft a career pursuing their passion to serve as Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s Chain Account Manager for the Texas convenience channel. The management and growth of our business within the state and taking the lead with with 7-Eleven is the essence of this position. You will be working with the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. sales force to execute within this channel and realize its full potential.
- Manage the convenience business for SNBC with the goal of gaining new distribution and promotional activity through direct calls on the channel
- Develop and communicate programs, distribution updates, pricing, and promotional activity to the convenience chains, the SNBC sales force, and the chain personnel at our distributors.
- Develop and deliver effective presentations which include IRI/data analysis and solution based recommendations that will positively affect both convenience business and SNBC.
- Report monthly business status to the Regional Manager including problems, opportunities and progress vs. plans.
- Participate in quarterly wholesaler business planning meetings (business reviews) with National Account Managers and Business Development Managers in each region.
- Manage the execution of programs, promotional activity, and new distribution through the SNBC sales force and distributor network.
- Track execution on all regional sales programs, including surveying chain stores for display and distribution execution.
- Create and maintain profiles for top 10 chains/call points.
- Create annual execution plan.
Key to success in this position is the ability to successfully demonstrate team leadership and performance including motivation, training, and execution within the three-tier system. We are looking for someone who can consistently achieve SNBC performance standards and company sales goals including volume, distribution and profitability. Outstanding organization and time management skills are essential to effectively manage the workload for this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- An in-depth knowledge of SNBC history, culture and products is critical.
- Experience and competence working in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, IRI, VIP and Market Track is essential.
- Fully proficient writing and delivering effective presentations.
- Must have demonstrated ability to successfully operate within an established budget
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully operate within various state and federal liquor laws is required.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing, or equivalent experience, is highly preferred.
- A minimum of five years of any combination of supplier and or distributor sales experience is highly desired.
- Previous experience calling on national accounts and chains is highly desired.
- Alcoholic beverage distributor and or supplier experience is a plus.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying…
- A valid Driver’s License free of any major violations in the last FIVE years is required.
- Car travel, up to 250 miles per day, 12,000-25,000 miles annually and air travel up to 5 overnights per month is required.
- Hours for this position will vary according to business need, and will include nights and weekends – scheduling flexibility is mandatory.
- Must be able to lift 35-lb cases, as well as maneuver and place 168-lb kegs safely using proper body mechanics.
- This selected candidate will be required to live in the state of Texas.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver's license check.
- You must be at least 21 years old to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.