National Account Manager
Troegs Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Position: National Account Manager
Job Classification: Full Time, Year-round
Reports to: VP of Sales
Rate: Salary, based on experience
Location: Hershey, PA
Benefits Available Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after satisfactory completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Retirement plan – Eligible after 1 year of service
Tröegs Brewery is a family-owned company with a perpetually curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The National Account Manager will develop, guide and maintain strong account-specific business relationships with major chain customers throughout the Tröegs distribution area. The ideal candidate is a perfect presenter, able to sell the Tröegs brand to national chain buyers. The National Account Manager will produce action plans to increase placements and features in retail markets. Finally, the National Account Manager will work closely with Regional Sales Managers (RSMs), VP of Marketing, and wholesaler personnel to prepare and execute strategies for increased distribution, sales and growth of national accounts focused on customer chain channels. The ideal candidate will also have proven analytical and category management skills and be experienced calling on chain major grocery and c-store accounts in the territory. This position will require frequent overnight travel.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities:
- Responsible for chain accounts revenue growth, profitability and building distributor partnership, brand image and market development.
- Conducts analysis and develops presentations that increase Tröegs feature and display activity, expands distribution, optimizes shelf position that increase volume and market share.
- Develops and executes account strategies in accordance with overall chain account strategy.
- Develops account goals and business plans with Regional Sales Managers and wholesalers.
- Ensures plan execution and facilitation through wholesaler network.
- Provides support and input to the development and communication of pricing programs.
- Conducts regular meetings with identified customer channels focused on customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Develops management routine for overseeing chain reporting to close gaps, and budgets to maximize return on investment.
- Reports results to VP of Sales on a weekly basis.
- Establishes leadership presence and develops working relationships with key wholesalers.
- Communicates regularly with VP of Marketing and Regional Sales Managers to maximize selling opportunities within their territories.
- Proactively identifies barriers to success and collaborates with Regional Sales Managers to course correct.
- Disseminates information to the field ensuring product knowledge, initiatives and trends are up to date.
- Ensures consistency with all marketing and sales activities as well as consistency with company policies and procedures.
Skills and attributes necessary for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in Sales and/or marketing or like field with a minimum of three (3) years strategic sales experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Grocery store and c-store experience required.
- Chain account sales growth experience required.
- The ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, negotiating, and people management skills required.
- Experienced in sales data collection and analysis – VIP and IRI Data experience required.
- Experience tracking sales velocity by placement on a store-by-store basis.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be computer literate, and have familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
- Must be available for weekend work as needed.
This is a brewery-based position, with frequent overnight travel required