Cargill Craft Malt
Apply for Job
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Want to work in the craft brewing industry and for a company that is committed to brewing on a global basis? We understand the need for high quality malt is paramount in brewing, and we strive to partner with our brewers to make them thrive. We pride ourselves on the unique understanding of what it takes from getting barley from the fields from all over the world and into the brew houses of Brewers all over the globe.
Local culture and beers are important, and having the products our Brewers need in all of our regions is how we demonstrate that this is our craft as well. Having the ability to produce malt at our malt houses around the world and still understand the needs of our craft brewing customers reflects our commitment to brewing.
Joining our Cargill team as an Account Executive provides the opportunity of taking the message of our malt, as well as our partner brands from Belgium, Germany, and the UK, to Brewers who share our passion in the NorthEast. If you share this passion as well, and want to work and live in a region that is crucial to the craft brewing culture, this may be your calling.
• 30% Assure the execution of the Commercial Strategy for the NorthEast, focus on achieving target volumes – margins and new customers goals.
• 15% Build Customer Development Plans using Salesforce tool and keep them updated as an important guide to conduct commercial interaction with the different customers.
• 15% Apply the Marketing tools to better understand customer ´s behaviors, and react in a way that contribute to maximize engagement, volumes and margins with the different accounts.
• 15% Develop and maintain good market knowledge-customers, prospects, and competition (via social media, industry events, customer visits.)
• 10% Work together with the Customer Solution Lead to seek for opportunities of new products & services that can leverage customer profitability based on a win-win approach.
• 5% Being responsible for the region. This also include working together with Finance Team to set the accurate credit limits and seek for opportunities regarding financial solutions.
• 5% Work with Inventory Planner to assist with inventory management and control in region and at same time assure delivery on time to the different customers.
• 5% Work with logistics manager on freight management for best cost/position. (Review annual regional volume needs. Collaborate with logistics on new business to identify best shipment locations.)
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best everyday. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.
• Two or more years of professional work experience in either a business to business sales role for any industry OR a customer facing position representing a food, beverage or agricultural product
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Professional experience in brewing or malting activities
• Professional experience in business to business commercial activities. Including working under the scope a large number of customers of small/mid-size
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and ask questions in order to gain understanding of customer needs.
• Experience selling in a team environment including partnership with Marketing, R & D, Operations, and Product teams.
• Passionate to serve customers, with a street smart mentality, capable for developing sustainable. and profitable commercial relationships based on compelling value propositions.
• Ability to understand supply and demand and effect on pricing.
• Strong price and contract negotiation skills.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize activities to maximize sales volume and margins.
• Must be able to interface across multiple levels of the business in a positive and professional manner.
• Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of MS Office programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job SalesPrimary Location US-MA-BostonSchedule Full-timeJob Type StandardShift Day Job