Saint Archer Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Saint Archer Brewing Company has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced accounting professional to join our team as the Accounting Manager. In this role you will lead the financial reporting requirements of our business to ensure the achievement of short and long-term company objectives. By providing financial leadership and support to the Director of Finance and management team you will play integral role in one of the fastest growing California craft breweries.
• A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
• Company-paid medical, and option of dental/vision
• Fully-integrated fitness center
• Onsite café
• Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
• Competitive maternity/paternity policy
• 401k with competitive match
Travel: Approximately 10-15% travel may be associated with this position.
Daily Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
- Lead the financial reporting of Saint Archer to ensure successful accomplishment of annual company sales and profit objectives and compliance with state/federal regulations and corporate policy.
- Manage existing and develop new control policies and procedures to ensure accurate record keeping is maintained
- Lead the monthly / quarterly financial close processes
- Become an expert in our Brewery Accounting Software to lead system / user maintenance to meet company objectives, reporting timelines, and compliance standards.
- Oversee timely processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Book Keeper reconciliation.
- Maintain fixed asset records in accordance with GAAP and corporate policy.
- Manage company cashflow and provide status updates to Director of Finance and corporate treasury.
- Assist with the coordination, analysis, review and input of all brewery budgets. This includes maintaining company product costing methods and identifying variable standards for purposes of budgeting and forecasting product margins.
- Demonstrates insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to business unit partners and to help drive business results.
- Consolidate monthly financial reporting and review costs and variances with enterprise partners, including balance-sheet and financial controls oversight
- Work with Operations team to review and maintain annual capital projects budgets and forecast future capital needs.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Maintain all records in accordance with GAAP and corporate policy.
- Asist with any Federal or company audits.
Procurement & Inventory Management
- Direct periodic physical inventory counts and preform subsequent reconciliations to system records to provide variance analysis.
- Provide guidance on various procurement functions to leverage volume and pricing efficiencies and maintenance of proper inventory levels.
- Assist with short term and long term raw material and packaging forecasts.
Education level and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required, MBA and/or CPA is preferred
- 5+ years in an accounting environment is required
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with people management is preferred
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of accounting and ERP systems, experience with SAP or Orchestrated Beer is highly preferred
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of operations, preferably an understanding of brewery performance measures and their relationship to brewery operations
- Must have the ability to evaluate and establish priorities to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
- Solid communication skills with the ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Interest or passion in the craft beverage business a plus