Director of Sales and Marketing
Dry Dock Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Director of Sales and Marketing
Dry Dock Brewing is seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing to prioritize driving sales and promoting the brand. Dry Dock is a growing company which operates two separate breweries, a 7 BBL tasting-room location (South Dock) and a 40 BBL production facility (North Dock). Additionally, there is a second tasting room (Canoe Room at North Dock) at the production facility. Dry Dock’s sister company is The Brew Hut, a homebrew supply shop, that is located adjacent to the South Dock tasting room.
The ideal candidate is expected to apply expertise in knowledge of consumers (how they buy, criteria for buying) into Sales channel, driving demand and visibility of Dry Dock products as well as support The Brew Hut in its marketing efforts. This position will report to Company Owners and work closely with other Departments. They will direct and manage Beer Sails Representatives and Marketing Team to ensure all marketing initiatives are intentional, strategic, and leveraged to deliver ROI. Job focus will be approximately 85% sales and 15% marketing.
- Develop and implement Annual Sales Plan in line with annual business goals.
- Develop and strategize monthly Sales programs for internal sales staff and distribution partners that support monthly business objectives.
- Support the Marketing Manager in the development and implementation of a Marketing Plan and strategy that drives demand for Dry Dock products.
- Enable sales by communicating the value proposition of the products to the Sales Team and prioritizing development of CRM solutions to support the selling process.
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Working closely with key wholesaler and retailer partners to reach sales goals by building meaningful relationships that ensure Dry Dock maintains mindshare in every market.
- Manage key accounts including single key partners and on and off premise chain account relationships.
- Work with trademark attorneys to protect our intellectual property rights.
- Identify sponsorship opportunities with stadiums and outdoor large capacity venues.
- Report monthly to Owners on sales including new opportunities and lost accounts.
- Communicate marketing and sales plans, beer releases and brand objectives to partners.
- Evaluate, identify and lead the launch of new potential distribution markets and territories.
- Manage wholesaler relationship and pricing negotiations.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Coordinator and distributors to insure all markets have the beer and information they need to succeed.
- Work closely with wholesalers to set ambitious but attainable sales goals and objectives.
- Analyze and review competitive data, including pricing, to make strategic recommendations.
- Develop a value added plan to drive displays and consumer purchases.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results (ROI) and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives fall within designated budgets.
- Develop volume forecasts as needed and communicate with all departments in an effort to facilitate continuity of supply.
- Identify incremental sales opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- 5 years relevant experience in alcohol beverage industry - Craft Brewery or Distributor experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced understanding of beverage sales channel and consumer base.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Three Tier System.
- Proven ability to manage, lead, and develop people.
- Core competencies: Business acumen, communication proficiency, presentation skills, results driven, strategic thinking, and technical capacity.
- Excellent verbal communication, including negotiation, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proven experience with analyzing data such as VIP, IRI, Nielson, Encompass, etc.
- Positive attitude in communications with coworkers, chain contacts and wholesaler partners.
- Proven call and follow up skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Computer savvy: experienced with Google Docs and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong understanding of how national accounts operate and how to build brands through wholesalers.
- Chain store wholesale experience a plus.
- Capable of analyzing information and assembling presentations for buyers.
- Travel is required to reach outlying markets.
- Some weekend and night work required for events and promotions.
- Have fun and spread your passion.
Salary and Benefits:
Dry Dock offers a competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401k, life insurance and paid vacation.
Dry Dock Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with title “Director of Sales and Marketing” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will close on January 8, 2018.