Widmer Brothers Brewing
Apply for Job
Craft Brew Alliance has an immediate opening for a Brewmaster at the Widmer Brothers Brewery in Portland, OR. This position is responsible for overseeing all facets of Brewing and Quality Assurance.
Specific job duties:
- Supports the Company’s Mission and Made True values.
- Ensures a safe working environment and supports safety initiatives and training.
- Identifies cost-saving initiatives (beer & material loss, brewing efficiencies, etc.) and develops and leads corrective action plans.
- Implements and tracks key performance and quality metrics and targets to drive continuous improvement.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Packaging and Warehouse, and the Production Planning Manager, establishes and manages the production schedule to meet required demand and inventory targets.
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Brewing and Quality to optimize resources and raw materials for the efficient production of quality products.
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures for production and quality assurance.
- Oversees the routine analysis of in-process and finished beer: microbiological stability; taste; pre-package and in-package specifications; and product analysis.
- Provides and reviews QA analysis data with the Director of Operations to control the brewhouse process and product parameters.
- Works closely with the Manager of Packaging and Warehouse to ensure the product meets the desired specifications.
- Train, lead and supervise staff. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with CBA's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Specific job duties:
- Bachelor’s Degree Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or Fermentation, or equivalent experience is required.
- An advanced degree in the same fields is highly preferred.
- Cicerone Certification is a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of direct production/QA experience in the beer/malt beverage industry, as well as managing a small/medium sized brewing operation, as a Brewmaster.
Craft Brew Alliance offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, rewarding work environment and growth for committed professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.