Three Taverns Craft Brewery
Apply for this Job
Three Taverns Craft Brewery seeks new Brewmaster
Who are we? Three Taverns is a top rated brewery in Georgia’s emerging craft brewing scene. Creative and experimental, our mantra of “Transcendo Mediocris” (Surpass the Ordinary) informs everything we say and do. Our versatility and dedication to high standards of quality, consistency, and customer experience is evidenced in everything from our broad range of beers and distinct branding and packaging to our beautiful tasting room and brewing facility.
We believe in the power of story and are seeking an inspired, energetic and creative brewer to join ours. Four years old and currently producing and selling 10,000 bbls annually in the state of Georgia, we are looking for a progressive brewer to lead our talented production staff as we accelerate our growth locally and into new markets.
Where are we? Three Taverns is situated in the burgeoning beer hub of Decatur, Georgia USA, just six miles from downtown Atlanta. Walkable, neighborly, urbane Decatur is the hub of beer culture for the surrounding area, and is home to a wonderful collection of shops, restaurants and beer bars, including the world-famous Brick Store Pub.
For more information please visit www.threetavernsbrewery.com and see our requirements below:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the Three Taverns brewing facility, including a 30-bbl 4-vessel Newlands Brewhouse, Comac bottling line and keg filler, and Cask canning line.
- Working with management team to uphold our high standards of quality and ensure Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to and improved on as possible.
- Collaborating with owner to lead the creative process in designing unique and inspiring new beers while fine-tuning and improving existing beers
- Building, developing and leading a team of passionate production employees
- Working with management team on production planning and forecasting
- Managing raw ingredient inventories, cost of goods, scheduling, forecasts and contracts.
- Maintaining detailed records of beer production.
- Managing and developing procedures for quality testing and control.
- Continuously innovating and improving both product and operational and brewing practices and processes.
- Working with management team to maintain safety and OSHA standards.
- Managing and expanding our clean and sour/wild barrel-aging program.
- Willingness to serve as main point of contact and liaison with media, customers, suppliers, beer trade publications, and other breweries.
- Working with marketing team to improve the profile of the brewery.
- Being willing to contribute to tasks outside your key responsibilities.
- Being able to appreciate beer without personal abuse-related problems.
Knowledge, skill and experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years in a professional brewing capacity, preferably, though not required, with a degree or certification in brewing science and technology
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have fantastic communication skills, both internally and externally
- Must have excellent project management and organizational skills
- Must have a methodical nature with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have a solid understanding of all aspects of wort production, yeast handling, cellaring, CIP and sanitizing
- Must have a strong mechanical background and aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems
- Should have the ability to develop, execute and manage a brewery preventative maintenance (PM) program
- Should have prior packaging, bottling and racking experience
- Should have a good understanding of Lab Operations/Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Should have “hands on” leadership skills, with the ability to work within and lead as a part of a team
- Should have inventory management experience; ordering raw materials and parts, recording and monitoring raw materials and parts in house
- Capable of managing a staff with the desire to teach others
- Should have a strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure and multitask
Competitive salary and other incentives based on experience.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.