Seeking Head Brewer at War Horse Brewing, Finger Lakes, NY
War Horse Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
About War Horse Brewing Company:
War Horse Brewing is a fast-growing 15 bbl production brewery located on the Three Brothers Wineries and Estates campus in the Finger Lakes. Just celebrating our 1 year anniversary in June of this year, we value quality craft beer and cultivating a positive work environment while maintaining our focus on the customer. We have extensive knowledge when it comes to new projects of this scale and we’ve invested significantly to our new production facility with state-of-the-art equipment. Today we distribute in most NYS Wegmans and regional package stores along with regional restaurants who recognize good beer.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the desire to innovate while holding a high emphasis on beer integrity and quality. War Horse Brewing Company along with Three Brothers Wineries is a collective of talent, we work together as such and expect efficiency, productivity, appreciation, respect and teamwork. We're looking to add a person to our team who enjoys supporting the marketing and sales efforts of our business and who gets excited about adding new products to our ever-growing portfolio. War Horse Brewing houses Red Apple Bombshell Hard Cider, Iron Heart Coffee Company Nitro Cold Brew Coffee, and Iron Heart Craft Sodas; adding a dynamic, enthusiastic person to the production team is our goal.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all brewing, scheduling, inventory, cellaring, packaging and QC.
• Maintain inventory and ordering of raw materials and chemicals required to produce sufficient beer for the Taproom/restaurant and outside sales
• Work with the Production Manager to set the production schedule based on needs and sales projections
• Perform and schedule maintenance and repairs to minimize brewery down time
• Maintain a clean, safe and well organized facility
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Proven experience in a production brewery setting.
• Preferred: Certification or graduation from an accredited Brewing Training Institution
• 3 years experience in a packaging brewery
• Proven mechanical/electronics experience with beer production machinery
• Project management and equipment installation experience
• Depth of knowledge of beer production, storage and packaging
• Excellent record keeping, attention to detail and communication skills
• Enthusiasm and strong personal knowledge of the microbrewery industry and market
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office
• Experience with Ekos software
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible
• Ability to regularly lift, push, or pull up to 65 pounds