Director of Sales
Forbidden Root Brewery
Apply for this Job
The Director of Sales leads our wholesaler management efforts in IL, OH, FL, MA, and soon KY, with an emphasis on hands-on sales, as well as evaluating and selecting new markets.
- Manage the business with the goal of gaining new distribution and promotional activity through direct interaction with the regional sales team and our key buyers and wholesalers. Actively work Chicago market, with local sales support.
- Responsible for all sales, tracking, and budgeting, with goal of increasing sales in Chicago in 2018, with commensurate levels in all other Forbidden Root territories.
- Coordinate production schedule and logistics with Head Brewer and distributor.
- Oversee and engage in all current markets, and assist in evaluating new markets and manage their launch.
- Manage distributor relationships with the goal of building brand and increasing on-premise and retail execution.
- Manage Brand Ambassador program, including oversight of recruitment and training across all markets.
- Develop and communicate programs, distribution updates, pricing, and promotional activity internally and to distributor partners.
- Implement point of purchase program.
- Process and approve invoices, expenses, and bill backs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Minimum of 5-10 years craft beer and 3 years in sales management experience required
- Successful background working in a team environment and managing people
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals, including volume, distribution, and profitability
- Outstanding people development and leadership skills
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and sales skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IL, OH, FL wholesaler/supplier experience ideal, but not required
- Working knowledge of VIP and Excel ideal but not required
- The successful candidate will be required to reside within a major FR market/metro area, Chicago-area preferred.
- Extensive car and air travel required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last five years
- Hours and days will vary according to business need, and will include nights and weekends