Equity Position - Head Brewer - Hop Heads Only
Canned Heat Craft Beer Company
Apply for this Job
Canned Heat Craft Beer Company is an upstart brewery located in South Coast Massachusettes and we are looking for a HEAD BREWER to create a world class HOP forward lineup of craft beers to be sold on our waterfront brewery premises and distributed throughout southern New England.
Canned Heat’s Head Brewer will be responsible for ALL aspects of the brewery operations including and most importantly the creation of a HOPPY lineup of beers. The head brewer will also be responsible for optimization of a new 15BBL brewing system, training/mentoring/leading a brew team, canning line runs, designing and maintaining sterilization/cleanliness protocols, filtration system, and maintenance of brewery records, plus more.
• Must be an absolute team player, make group decisions, and handle occasional criticism.
• Must be able to meet the physical nature of the work – lifting 60 lbs occasionally assisting to lift up to 150 lbs.
• Travel to beer festivals and events at night and on weekends.
Education, Experience and Skills
• Prior experience on at least a 15 BBL system in a full production brewery.
• Must like and know how to brew multiple HOPPY world class beers.
• Good personal skills and ability to represent the brewery in a positive energetic manner.
• Writing and math skills are necessary.
• College education is preferred but not mandatory.
• Needs to be able to work without supervision and be goal oriented.
• No drugs or criminal background – there will be a CORI check.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary based on credentials.
• Equity stake in the company with certain milestones achieved.
• Live on the coast in an affordable area where you can fish, surf, swim.
• 15 minutes to Newport, 25 minutes to Providence, and 50 minutes to Boston.
EMAIL RESUME TO: MILES@CANNEDHEATBEER.COM
Resumes and Interviews will be conducted in October/November or until the right team member is found.