Northern California Sales Representative
2 Towns Ciderhouse
Apply for this Job
2 Towns ciderhouse Vision
We aspire to create craft cider that is accessible to the people, utilizing the most advanced brewing standards, and quality Northwest ingredients, without being afraid to do things a little differently. Much like our product, 2 Towns as a company is fun, unique, and filled with a energy. Our crew is what makes what we do possible, and we are committed to fostering an environment of fairness, empowerment, and security.
2 Towns Sales Representatives are the face of our company. Their main goal is to sell our craft ciders by developing relationships with distributors, accounts, and customers in their designated area, and communicate our product and brand effectively. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic, and friendly individual who is able to help develop and execute a sales and marketing plan for Northern California. The position requires weekly communication between the California Sales Manager with updates and upcoming goals, achieving milestones, and assuring a transparent interaction between themselves and the California Sales Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A. Build and maintain relationships with sales reps and management teams for 2 Towns northern California distribution partners (“Distributor”) in order to maximize communication between 2 Towns and these distributors.
- Educate distributor reps about our product and pricing information
- Track inventory and minimize stock outs and/or product shortages
- Communicate upcoming seasonal releases
- Coordinate limited release distribution and other special requests with key accounts
- Supply Distributor with marketing materials and solicit additional marketing materials as needed through the California Sales Manager, or through distributor's own print shop
- Schedule and present at distributor general sales meetings
B. Account Relations
Maintain relationships with key accounts in the distribution area to monitor “Distributor” performance, and identify areas where we can help them improve service to accounts
- Develop positive relationships with accounts in the assigned geographic area, and the individuals that make the ordering decisions
- Merchandise product as needed
- Ensure correct shelf pricing
- Supply accounts with POS materials
- Coordinate social media or other promotional opportunities with Director of Business Development
- Communicate upcoming seasonal releases
- Discuss Distributor performance, and identify and troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Maintain organized list of contact information for accounts
C. Market Pulse
Gather market information and customer feedback in each area of distribution, in order to supply management with trends and recommendations for each, and accurately and professionally represent the company at public events
- Coordinate well in advance with distributor for product and supplies
- Coordinate with demonstration and promotional event hosts
- Educate and taste the public
- Man the tasting tent at promotional events
- Check IDs of booth visitors and ensure cider is served only to those who are legal (of age and not already intoxicated) to drink product
- Set up and take down attractive booth displays
- Work with California Sales Manager to identify Brewfest and other major event or sponsorship opportunities
- Attend industry events to represent the company and network within the industry
D. New Accounts
Grow sales by acquiring new accounts within the assigned distribution turf
- Identify strong potential accounts
- Approach new accounts with product information and samples
- Keep detailed notes using company provided software on contact information and status of each potential new account
- Work with the 2 Towns Chain team on identifying next chains to open, and the steps to take to achieve the goal
- Work with the “Distributor” and 2 Towns Chain team to execute new chain accounts placements or programing
E. Marketing/Social Network
- Participate in the Social Network growth of the 2 Towns Brand of Craft Ciders
- Collaborate with the marketing team, including providing local market pictures and collateral to support social marketing efforts.
- Load photo shots and event images up to the Facebook site of 2 Towns sharing the events that 2 Towns is participating in
- Give feedback to the marketing department on opportunities to further growth and presence of the 2 Towns brand
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and quarterly 2 Towns training activities and events
- Represent 2 Towns Ciderhouse by helping to staff the annual harvest party.
- Adhere to 2 Towns safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Observe and follow all policies described in the Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Use Microsoft and Google suite of products, and Internet
- Manage budgets, gross margins, depletions and distribution, as well as developing pricing strategy
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking
- 21 years or older
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 3 years in a similar or related field
- Able to lift and move 35lbs, as well as move heavier amounts using a hand truck or other assistive devices
- Available evenings and weekends
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Have access to a working vehicle
- Able to occasionally drive for long periods of time over a couple of days
- Must be comfortable with social media and using different social networks/platforms
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Located in the Bay Area region, preferable in the greater Oakland area
- Experience in Chain Grocery
- Comfortable working in both Chain and On-Prem alcohol retailers
- Familiarity with, or willing to learn and use, VIP iDig and KARMA Notes
- Familiarity with reading and utilizing IRI and Nielsen market data
- Friendly, approachable, and professional attitude/social skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Self-motivated attitude
- Excellent problem solving/analysis skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a dynamic team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; walk; use hands to move cases; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; visually count.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some of this position will operate from a home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. Due to the nature of this position, most work will be done remotely. Travel done outside of the local area will be overnight.
Compensation and Benefits
2 Towns Ciderhouse offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and may include health insurance, monthly merchandise credit, 401k & profit sharing bonus opportunities, and paid time off. Benefit eligibility is dependent on job classification and hours worked. Complete details are outlined in the 2 Towns Ciderhouse Employee Handbook.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume as well as a cover letter that addresses your experience:
To email@example.com by 5p on Thursday, September 28th 2017.
Sorry, resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no calls about this position.
2 Towns Ciderhouse is an equal opportunity employer.