Field Sales Representative - Southeastern US
Highland Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Highland Brewing Company is a growing and dynamic craft brewer in Asheville, NC. From our humble beginnings as Asheville’s first legal brewer since Prohibition, to our 21st Anniversary as Asheville’s premier craft brewer, we have always focused on quality, respect and integrity. We offer a fun work environment to other science-and-art-minded individuals who love great beer.
We are seeking a Field Sales Representative to lead our efforts in the Southeastern US. Ideal candidates will live central to that area and be willing to travel throughout.
If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com.
Job Title: Field Sales Representative – Southeastern US
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Marketing Development Manager
Responsible for growing volume and profitability in assigned geography and maintaining relationships with retailers and distributor personnel
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and maintains relationships with key retailers in assigned areas
- Develops and maintains relationships with distributor management and personnel
- Grows volume and profitability in assigned geography
- Creates and manages business plans for each assigned distributor which include volume and distribution goals
- Provides a direct line of communication to the brewery
- Provides detailed written communication following market visits
- Executes beer tastings, special events, and festivals
- Educates wait staff and customers about Highland products
- Manages the sale and inventory of Highland-branded merchandise at special events and festivals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 2-3 years relevant beverage sales experience selling to retailers and consumers
- Experience with adult beverage sales preferred
- Experience working within a distribution network preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in social media tools
- Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
- Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Valid and maintained driver’s license
- Reliable transportation for daily driving in multiple states/counties
- Eligibility for alcoholic beverage licenses, where required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to work events on evenings and weekends is required.
- Willingness to travel daily and overnight is required.