Apply for Job
BrewDog has just started packaging our incredible Columbus brewed beers & now it's time for our teams to grow! We have a 200hl 5 vessel German built brewhouse, but this is just the start for our Columbus site. With plans for a pilot kit & sour beer facility at the planning stage, there is not another brewery in the US that's going to grow as quickly as BrewDog Columbus.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Brewing Lead with a people-focussed, proactive attitude and a hands-on approach to leadership to join our team and assist in implementing all aspects of the brewing process. You will work closely with our senior production team to ensure epic craft beers are brewed according to our strict specifications in good time.
As a Brewing Lead you will oversee all brewing matters from production through to quality control and packaging hand-off, leading by example as you educate and inspire your team to brew the best craft beers. Quite frankly, brewing isn’t just your job, it’s your passion. You will be adept at technical recipe design and development as well as proficient in brew house, cold block, yeast, and filtration management. You will have a credible history of process improvement and CPD which allows you to constantly push for our beer to be the best it possibly can be.
You will be responsible for managing brewery shifts, co-ordinating the activities of assistant brewers and liaising with your colleagues in our packaging and lab departments as required to ensure that the quality of our beer is testament to our commitment to putting craftsmanship and flavour back into peoples’ beer glasses.
- Oversee three small teams of on-shift brewers, coordinating their activities as required by production schedules to meet brewery targets.
- Act as a mentor, manager and leader for all staff within the brew team.
- Oversee all aspects of process brewing, from fermentation to maturation and filtration, documenting relevant data and ensuring this information is shared and communicated to the necessary stakeholders on subsequent shifts or in the lab or packaging departments.
- New product design and development.
- Equipment and process management, commissioning and improvement.
- Liaise with staff in our packaging and lab departments to ensure the quality and consistency of our beers, troubleshooting and remedying problems should they arise.
- Working directly with senior production and brewery staff to improve on efficiencies and ensure the quality and craftsmanship of our beers.
- University degree in Chemistry, Brewing, Distilling or another relevant field.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a supervisory position in a brewery with at least 50K barrel annual capacity, preferably working with a semi-automated brewhouse.
- A track record of good team management, communication and staff training abilities.