Quality Assurance Lab Tech
Goose Island Beer Co.
Apply for Job
- Run routine analytical analyses on beer samples including: pH, gravity measurements, alcohol, sodium, and other analytical tests.
- Run routine analyses of packaged beer for oxygen, carbon dioxide, fill level, etc.
- Conduct inspection and analysis of package integrity and specifications.
- Utilize sterile technique to obtain and process microbiological samples.
- Coordinate quality analyses ensuring accurate results, timely completion, and proper responses and notification.
- Perform various studies and perform statistical analyses to improve quality throughout the brewery.
- Other routine laboratory testing, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a science-intensive discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
- Ability to operate laboratory instruments and perform basic instrument maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Must be flexible to work day or afternoon shifts, available weekends
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Understanding of the brewing and packaging process, HACCP and Good Manufacturing practices for food manufacturing a plus.