General Manager of Operations
Red Truck Beer Company USA
Apply for this Job
The Red Truck Beer Company USA seeks an energetic, passionate, ambitious, entrepreneurial-minded General Manager for our upcoming brewery and restaurant in Fort Collins, CO. Responsibilities include overall managing of Retail and Wholesale Sales, Marketing, Distribution and Financials. Red Truck Beer takes pride in the reputation and the role it plays in the Craft Brewing Industry, in the traditional & cutting edge ales & lagers that we brew, the atmosphere we create and our loyal customers and consumers. The right candidate will be business-minded and understand and demonstrate the following core competencies – Strategic Business Sense, Strategic Planning, Innovation, Resourceful, Customer-Focused and be a solid Team Player. They must be driven, efficient and effective, quality-focused, have a great work ethic and have a positive attitude. The General Manager must be a self-starting independent problem solver while participating with the rest of the management team (reporting to and collaborating with the company Owner and Executive Team). This unique role in a competitive business environment will require the General Manager to wear many hats; no task should be too large or to too small and delegation is not always the best solution.
- Manager of all employees including Sales Representative, Key Account Manager, Restaurant Manager (RM) and Brewers. The General Manager will report to the Owner as well as the Executive Management Team.
- Brewery Sales – Ultimately responsible for Tasting Room sales w/ support from the Tasting Room Team.
- Wholesale Sales – Ultimately responsible for Wholesale and Distribution sales. This includes leading our self-distribution territory and guiding/assessing our outside Distributor sales.
- To work with the Marketing team, including Social Media, strategy/direction provided by Owners.
- Coordinate Purchasing & Inventory of Brewery Raw Goods/Tools/Equipment and Maintenance with the Head Brewer and Owner.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable (Invoicing).
- Work with Owners and Accountant on Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Taxes including Sales Tax, Excise Tax, Payroll Taxes, Federal/State Taxes, etc.
- Work with Truck Stop Manager to coordinate Special Events including private parties, special beer releases, anniversary party, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing Beer Festivals. Will assist in selection of Beer Festivals.
- Exceed customer expectations and create an emotional bond that reinforces the brand position and brand strategy.
- Greeting, interacting with, and educating customers on product/general company information - To know and share the story of Red Truck Beer Company
- Constantly evolving knowledge of Red Truck’s ever-changing list of draft beers.
- Work with Owner on Growth/Expansions Plans/Projects.
Essential Job Skills/Qualifications:
- This individual must have an already established local network and possess insider knowledge on who the successful local distributors are and the State of Colorado distribution laws.
- A strong understanding of the State guidelines and laws.
- A great personality is essential. Being outgoing, friendly, and a team player is key.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hospitality Management/ Business Degree preferred) and at least 5 years of General Management and/or Sales/Marketing Experience.
- Experience and proven track record managing a staff of +/- 10 people. The individual must have strong leadership skills.
- Must have Distribution & Sales/Marketing experience.
- Must have extensive Industry/Craft Beer Knowledge and Experience. The individual must have experience running a brewery.
- Finance Management skills desired.
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft software (Word, Outlook, Excel). QuickBooks.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken & written).
- Organizational skills – is able to triage and prioritize both day to day and longer term projects, allocating time to both urgent and non-urgent but important projects.
- Personally organized to the point of being capable of driving others’ organization and holding the group accountable to shared commitments.
- Lead by setting a professional and upbeat example. Ability to motivate staff.
- Need to be self-motivated and passionate with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and manage time while being detail oriented (hold the highest standard of quality and never cut any corners).
- Flexible schedule (available weekends if/when needed). Ability to work a variety of hours as business levels are affected by season.
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, stand, lift 55 pounds and manoeuvre 160 pounds.
- Ability to work independently and in a Team Environment, including the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Ability to be calm and flexible while working through high-stress situations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fort Collins, CO
- Management: 5 years