Sonoma Springs Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Sonoma Springs Brewing Company is looking for an Assistant Brewer to join our growing team! This key member of the team will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of our business from brewing to packaging. Daily activities could include the following:
- Assisting with and leading the operation of brewing and packaging equipment efficiently, accurately and safely to produce and package quality beer according to our standard operating procedures and parameters.
- Assisting with batch setups and Yeast Disposal
- Assisting with disposal of spent materials
- Performing a variety of sanitation and cleaning tasks such as Fermenter, BBT and other tank CIP/Scrub/Sanitation, floor scrubbing, Mill and tank cleaning, sweeping, cleaning hoses, parts, and other housekeeping tasks.
- Assisting with packaging operations such as bottling, kegging, dock work and sanitation
- Assisting in other areas when possible/needed
- Must have professional brewing experience or formal brewing schooling
- Ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work both independently and in small work teams
- Must have a clean criminal and driving record
- Must participate in a pre-employment physical
- Flexibility to work additional hours and days that deviate from regular work schedules.
- Ability to handle up to 170 lbs kegs.
- Ability to think creatively and bring new ideas to the table
- Demonstrate the desire to learn
What Sonoma Springs Offers:
- Competitive rate for an experienced individual with the right skills
- The ability to join a small growing team on the ground floor of a well-funded start up brewery, you will have a say in what we brew.
- An incredible opportunity to learn the brewing from a business vet with more than 15 years’ experience at well know names like Goose Island, Firestone Walker, Lagunitas, and Russian River.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying. In person interview is required.