Beer Specialist-San Francisco
Apply for this Job
Provides support and assistance to associates for the purpose of enhancing the Company’s beer business. The primary responsibility will be to develop new opportunities for the Wine Warehouse beer portfolio. Focus will be on assisting management in the achievement of Company goals and objectives through field work, educational seminars, sales training, sales coordination, new account openings, and new product placements.
- Field work, both with the sales associates and independently, as determined by management.
- Events planning and coordination in conjunction with associates, Sales management and Specialty Beer & Beverages management.
- Assists associates and management in effectively utilizing point of sale materials.
- Trains associates in product knowledge and portfolio management.
- Assists Regional Managers in Supplier relations through ride withs, program management, information dispersal, and during product seminars presentations
- Maintains ongoing contact with key customers in the Region: makes ongoing, scheduled sales calls with key customers for the purpose of presenting and placing new items, selling key program items, selling special focus items, limited availability items, special seasonal items, new draft programs and new brand launches.
- Provides strategic support in draft service
- May be assigned individual accounts on a commission or non-commission basis at the discretion of the Company.
- Clears all planned special events with the Specialty Beer & Beverages management.
- Responsible for primary coordination of events for the Region as approved by Division management.
- Provides weekly report to Beer Manager with a copy to the Regional Manager of all activities, schedules, ride with results, direct sales placements, new accounts opened, and any other information as requested by the Beer Manager or the Company.
- Conducts a minimum of (1) session per month, scheduled by the Regional Manager, for the purpose of training sales associates in product knowledge and sales techniques.
- All Regional Specialists may be required to spend time in the office assisting with the organization and maintenance of point of sale materials, draft equipment, etc.
- Minimum of 2-4 years progressive sales experience preferably in the beverage industry
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of beer styles, production methods and countries of origin.
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make a strong business case without “over-selling”
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Should you require any accommodation; a determination will be made at that time regarding whether such accommodation is reasonable or whether it will create an undue hardship on Wine Warehouse.
- Visiting an average of 8-10 accounts daily, requiring getting in and out of the vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Handling will-calls: Receiving product from our warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s)
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering it to the customer using a hand truck – each case is estimated to weigh 50 pounds or more.
- Handling Draft Accounts. (moving kegs in cold room)
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing are required.
- Re-stocking existing displays with new merchandise and replenishing cold boxes from product on display, which requires work above the shoulders.
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus