Veza Sur Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Veza Sur Brewing Company is seeking a highly motivated and quality focused Brewer to join our team in our start-up brewpub/production brewery in the vibrant Wynwood neighborhood in Miami. You would be working with and reporting to our Brewmaster Asbjorn Gerlach.
This full-time position will consist of performing any and all tasks related to the brewery such as, but not limited to:
- Wort production, strictly adhering to established recipes and processes.
- Fermentation monitoring and data recording.
- Yeast harvesting and management.
- Maintaining organization and inventory.
- Troubleshooting and reporting of equipment issues.
- Safely operating forklift and pallet jack.
- Keg washing and filling.
- Packaging of bottles on a small packaging unit.
- Maintain cleaning schedules and procedures.
- CIP/SIP of tanks and vessels.
- Filtering, transferring and carbing of beer.
- Assembling and documenting distributor orders.
- General housekeeping & conducting tours to the public.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have minimum 2 years of experience brewing in a brewpub or production environment
- Possess a positive "can do" and "will do" attitude.
- Have strong communication skills with a strong team focused attitude.
- Work independently and as part of the team.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Display strong organization skills.
- Be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done right. (Shift work, night shifts, weekends and overtime)
- Possess a strong work ethic and ability to multitask.
- Be able to lift (75 lbs), roll/load 1/2 bbl kegs (175 lbs) on/off of pallets, crouch, bend and stand on feet for a full shift.
- Be able to pay attention to detail and conduct basic sensory analysis.