North American Craft Maltsters Guild
Apply for this Job
We seek a passionate individual to serve as our Executive Director to provide leadership for our growing organization that supports the craft malting community throughout North America.
- Managing the administrative needs of the organization
- Collaborating within and with external partners
- Is detail oriented, and has a proven track-record of project management experience
- At least two years working in the craft beverage or allied industries
- An independent and proactive self-starter that will take projects from start to finish
- Ability to successfully communicate through a diverse array of platforms, including but not ?limited to; public speaking, email, social media, and phone correspondence, print, etc.
- Ability to develop strategic relationships with key industry partners
- Experience with grant writing and grant administration
- Experience with solicitation of sponsorships
- Ability to develop and administer budgets (annual operating, event, and project-based)
- Ability to host, plan, execute and evaluate meetings and events
- Ability to support a robust and growing membership base
- Experience working in a similar capacity to the Executive Director role, or direct experience working with a Board of Directors
- Experience working in a remote work environment and working knowledge of available ?technologies to support remote work efficiency
- Experience with a wide variety of technical applications, including but not limited to WordPress, Survey Monkey, video conferencing, Microsoft Office, Hootsuite, Mail Chimp, etc.
- Willingness to travel and represent the Guild at industry meetings, conferences, and functions
- Proven track record of grant writing and administration experience
- Proven track record of sponsorship solicitation
- Experience with membership management, recruitment, and retention
- Experience utilizing social media to promote organizational news, benefits, and events
- Experience advocating for an organization or cause; exhibit passion for work
The Board of Directors have prioritized growth for the Guild in the following strategic areas:
- Membership – increase membership, member benefits and member satisfaction
- Revenue – diversity and increase guild income through sponsorships, events, grants, etc.
- Quality and safety – aggregate best practices for craft maltsters and those involved in the craft malt supply chain to elevate quality and safety of both product, people, and planet
The Executive Director will be evaluated based on their ability to grow and diversify the organization based on the strategic areas listed above. The Guild is very much a growing and evolving organization that seeks an individual with the passion and leadership skills necessary to navigate those changes, and that can also provide strategic recommendations to the BOD.
The chosen applicant will work in a remote environment full-time (40 hour/week) and provides all administrative and programmatic support for the organization. Preferred 3-5 years of experience in project management or related fields with a focus on strategic growth. Experience with a start-up a plus. The Executive Director reports monthly to the Guild Board of Directors who provides guidance and oversight to ensure the guild maintains its mission and achieves its strategic goals.
The starting pay for this position is $25/hour, not to exceed 40 hours/week. After a six-month probationary period, the candidate will be evaluated with potential to transition to a full-time, permanent position with benefits, pending funding. Currently, there are no paid holidays or leave offered. The candidate must also support a remote work office environment.