Sixth City Distribution
Apply for this Job
About Sixth City
Established in 2016, Sixth City Distribution maintains a small and manageable portfolio of high-quality craft brands. With operations based in Cleveland, Ohio, Sixth City acts as a true partner with its’ small and medium-sized craft breweries to give their brands the attention they deserve.
Our Sales Representative position is responsible for developing strong professional relationships with craft-centric accounts within the assigned territory and carefully representing each one of Sixth City’s brands.
- Cultivate strong relationships with accounts. Understand and care about the business of each account and consider how Sixth City’s products can help benefit our accounts’ businesses
- Open new, quality accounts that provide a good fit for Sixth City’s brand partners
- Coordinate with Sales Director and operations staff to execute monthly sales goals
- Manage time effectively and maintain regular days/times to visit accounts
- Prepare sales invoices in a timely manner
- Ensure Sixth City’s products are properly placed in each account and monitor best-by codes
- Assist in working, set-up and tear down for festivals and events
- Conduct/attend tastings and special promotions as necessary
- Place point of sale materials
- Assist Sales Director in covering for vacations
- Develop solid understanding and appreciation for the products in Sixth City’s portfolio
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and ethics.
- Honesty, integrity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a start-up environment
- Curiosity for the stories and specifics of the brands in Sixth City’s portfolio
- Prior experience in sales and beverage industry preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate, find common ground and build relationships with others
- Problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Customer service mentality
- Solid command of basic math skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Quickbooks a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours/days as business dictates including evenings and/or weekends for festivals/special events.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, reliable transportation and the ability to exercise care and attention while driving
- Regard for laws and regulations regarding the sale and merchandising of beverage products
- Ability to use basic tools, equipment dolly and ability to move products weighing up to 170lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, this position is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, handle objects, talk and hear.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age to apply and must apply for a solicitor’s license with the state of Ohio.
The key responsibilities have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Sixth City Distribution reserves the right to modify the work assignments. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Compensation package commensurate with experience. Sixth City Distribution is a small business and is not able to offer company sponsored medical benefits at this time. Vacation time, holidays and additional position-related benefits are available.
Sixth City Distribution is an Equal Opportunity Employer