Ciderist,Winemaker,Cellerman, Brewer, Fermentation Specialist
2 Fools Cider
Apply for this Job
2 Fools Cider needs YOU!
The 2 Fools production cidery in Naperville, IL is interested in expanding it's family by adding staff to its cider making team. As our rapid growth continues, we find ourselves in need of another excellent, experienced ciderist/winemaker/cellar employee.
Attention to detail and a spirit of uncompromising excellence is a hallmark of our culture. The Staff Ciderist/Winemaker/Cellar Operator will work on the cellar floor and also help with operations, so solid experience as a cider or wine maker is required. A minimum of 2 year experience is required...please. Join our team!
Staff Ciderist/Winemaker/Cellar Operator - Our Expectations:
**Everyone needs these to work successfully in a cidery!
- Excellent attendance & timeliness.
- Is reasonable and responsible.
- Shows respect for self & others.
- Clean driving record. Insurable driver
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.+ and perform strenuous work all day. Prolonged standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling is often required.
- Mechanical aptitude. Respect of top quality equipment & tools.
- Familiarity with material handling equipment (pallet jack, forklift, hand truck).
- Understanding of what “Clean” means. No exceptions.
- Can perform tasks with little or no supervision.
- Can think and make sound and reasonable decisions. Critical thinker and a problem solver
- Willingness to accomplish “What Is Required” on any given day.
- Mental flexibility.
- Willingness to take direction.
Cider Making Specific Skills:
**It would be essentially great if you have these skills, and understand that we’ll re-train you anyway.
- Open Mind.
- Love of tracking and paperwork.
- Love of cleaning & sanitation !
- Fermentation Management and daily tracking
- Knowledge of cellar operations
- Keg washing
- Yeast management
- Keg racking
- Filter setup, operation, cleaning
- Fining practices
- Fermentor, bright-beer tank and serving tank cleaning/sanitation
- Materials handling (empty cases, cleaned kegs, empty bottles, palletized cider, etc.)
- Raw materials analysis
- Minor laboratory and QA/QC skills
- Experience with cleaning chemicals & MSDS sheets
- Understanding of material utilization.
- Love of the art & science of Cider Making.
- Knowledge of sensory analysis
Other Niceties & Intangible Skills:
- Shows good attitude and wants to work
- Can follow directions well/takes notes if necessary.
- Can keep an eye out for potential problems or maintenance issues and brings them to the attention of management and maintenance
- Willingness to learn & learns quickly
- Willingly accepts non-standard assignments
- Can represent the company well when in public and at events
- Listens to and observes supervisors without being distracted from task at hand
- Asks pertinent questions
- Learns from mistakes
- Shows improving skills by regularly accomplishing more complex tasks and increasing speed and efficiency
- Able to multi-task
- Shows "sense of urgency" – hustles
- Ability to share knowledge and mentor other cidery staff
Full time, year round, hourly/salaried position with potential for growth with the company.
Background Check and Drug testing (pre-employment and random testing) are required.