Switchback Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
The Cellar Operator is responsible for all aspects of cellar work, dry hopping and centrifuging of product as specified by Switchback’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to perform all cellar operations:
- Centrifuging beer and ensuring beer is ready for packaging
- Dry hopping using our custom L.E.M system
- Startup and shutdown of facility processes
- CIP and sanitizing of fermenters and BB tanks
- Performing gravity reads and adjusting fermentation conditions based on cellaring schedule, as well as being responsible for understanding what is happening in each tank if other people are reading gravities.
- Monitoring of quality parameters and working to resolve issues promptly.
- Taking responsibility to maintain cleanliness in all areas of the brewery but especially the cellars.
- Willing to assist other areas of the brewery as needed including bottling, racking, and assisting brewing preparations.
- Working with Head Brewer, Production Manager and Lab staff to identify and issues that need to be adjusted up and downstream.
- Accurate daily record keeping and sampling of process and product.
- Maintain an orderly and safe work environment in department as well as entire facility
- Participate in taste panel work as directed.
- Contributing to positive work environment through open and constructive dialog.
- Contribute and be receptive to continual innovation and improvements
- Communicate issues and concerns as they arise with staff and management
- Maintaining SOPs to ensure both quality of our beer and the safety of everyone in the building
- Experience in cellaring or brewing in a production brewery
- Ability to work varied shifts – including evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation
- Strong orientation towards quality control and safety
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities while focusing on detail
- Good time management skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing on feet all day.
- Heavy physical work (bending, kneeling, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.)
- Will work continuously on wet floors and with wet equipment
- Loud to moderate continuous noise in work area
- Will work with strong and often times hazardous chemicals
Full Time with benefits
Reports to: Production Manager