Taproom and Events Manager
Five Boroughs Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is a New York City brewery and taproom opening soon in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We produce high-quality craft beers that embody the dynamic spirit of New York City, a place where aspirations are limited only by what you are able to brew up in your head. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. aims to celebrate and encourage the exploration of craft beer and all the wonders the five boroughs of New York City have to offer. Although we’re only just starting to produce and package beer in the heart of Sunset Park, the Five Boroughs brewery and taproom will also serve as a full-scale events space.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Taproom & Events Manager to join our startup team in our new Sunset Park, Brooklyn brewery and taproom facility. The new Five Boroughs team member will be instrumental in helping us build a community where all New Yorkers can celebrate what makes this city incredible over great craft beer. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a brewery on the ground level and assist in bringing that brewery to life!
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversight and management of all Five Boroughs Brewing Co. taproom operations, events, and programming at the Sunset Park, Brooklyn brewery and taproom
- Responsible for managing, interviewing, hiring and training of all Five Boroughs Brewing Co. taproom staff
- Booking, planning and execution of Five Boroughs Brewing Co. related events both on and offsite
- Management of the taproom events calendar as well as food truck / pop-up kitchen schedules
- Updating Brooklyn taproom menu (physical and printed collateral as well as digital, including Untappd, etc.)
- Coordination with the Five Boroughs Brewing Co. Operations Manager regarding product inventory for the taproom
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and tracking of all taproom merchandise and coordinating with the Five Boroughs Brewing Co. CFO when reorders are necessary
- Curation and management of the brewery tour program
- Other tasks as appropriate
Our ideal candidate looks something like this:
- Strong understanding of the craft beer industry (NYC beer and brewery scene a plus!)
- Extensive knowledge of beer styles
- Certified Beer Server with a goal of being a Level 1 Cicerone within first 6 months of employment (Five Boroughs Brewing Co. will cover course expenses)
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings
- Highly organized and experienced in scheduling
- Experienced in coordinating special events
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience managing a taproom, restaurant, or bar
- Experience with various POS and inventory management systems
- Collaborative spirit with a hands-on attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Bonus: Proficiency in Spanish or Chinese (or, hey, even both)
- Frequent lifting: 25-50 lbs.
Visual, hearing, dexterity, and mental demand:
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job such as operating taproom equipment, setting up tables and chairs, moving cases of beer, using a telephone, answering emails, etc.
- The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in a taproom / brewery environment in addition to bars, restaurants, event venues, etc.
- The position generally involves continuous standing, frequent walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate to heavy carrying, frequent bending and reaching, frequent climbing of stairs and ladders, and in-person communication
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you tell us a little about the first beer you ever fell in love with.
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.