Sales Market Manager - Greater Charlotte, NC
Apply for Job
Catawba Brewing Co is a rapidly growing 18-year-old family-owned and operated brewery based out of Western North Carolina. Catawba operates two breweries (one in Asheville, NC and one in Morganton, NC) with a third production brewery/tap room set to open in March 2017! We are searching for a Charlotte-based Sales Manager with a passion for craft beer. The position will be based out of Charlotte, NC covering the metropolitan area of Charlotte including Fort Mill and Rock Hill South Carolina
The Catawba Market Sales Manager serves as a key member of the sales team, responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our distributors and their accounts. The Market Sales Manager is accountable for promoting the Catawba brand presence overall, achieving assigned volume and market goals, assigned distribution goals, and wholesaler support objectives.
Position Goals include:
- Distributor support; work with distributors to increase brand awareness
- Ensure that Catawba’s quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Develop close relationships with key on- and off-premise accounts
- Achieve planned sales and distribution goals
- Ensure proper merchandizing in all accounts
- Track and monitor progress using various tools and metrics
- Participation and coordination for promotional Events
- Conduct wait-staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and beer dinners
- Plan and execute on-premise promotions
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; no DUI's
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Candidate must reside within the territory in which they are applying for
- Passion for craft beer and high level of craft beer product knowledge
- Ability to become a Certified Cicerone within two years
- Strong organizational & planning skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three-tier system
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top-level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self-motivated
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two years of industry experience selling craft beer.
- Strong knowledge of the local market for craft beer.
- In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the craft beer scene in this geography.