Lead R&D Brewer
Platform Beer Co
Apply for this Job
Head R&D Brewer
Growing Brewery with locations in Cleveland and Columbus, OH is seeking a Head Research and Development Brewer. Position would be responsible for recipe formulation, brewing process, fermentation, QC at our Cleveland Brewpub Location.
A 10 bbl brewhouse is in place and the incoming brewer is encouraged to develop one off beers that slant toward the experimental and creative. Candidate must be able to work with the Production Brew Staff on scaling successful beers. Position may be asked to help in the execution of planned sour program.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to personal development as a professional brewer
- Possess good communication skills and be able to work well with other departments including Production Brewery, Sales, Marketing, Tasting Room, etc.
- Have leadership ability and be able to delegate as needed
- Be willing to innovate as a brewer
- Be committed to continuously improving the beer quality
- Formal education in brewing a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a brewer or assistant brewer role a plus
- Experience brewing in a brewpub a plus
- Experience creating high quality and interesting beer recipes
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50lbs +
- Flexible with work schedule