Grocery Sales Representative
Shangy's...The Beer Authority
Apply for this Job
The Grocery Sales Representative is a regular, full-time salaried position that is focused on growing sales of Shangy’s products (craft beer) at grocery accounts within the specified geographic area of Philadelphia, Chester and Delaware Counties. The person in this position will report directly to the Grocery Sales Manager and indirectly to the Director of Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase sales of all Shangy’s products at the store level utilizing our portfolio and the store’s current approval list.
- Execute the sales plan as set forth by Shangy’s management which includes volume, targeted account distribution and visibility goals such as floor stacks and promotions.
- Enter information about account visits at or after each stop into Lilypad data management program.
- Develop preferred distributor status with all key accounts by being an expert on the portfolio and the competitor’s portfolio, staying up to date on current IRI and other market data and trends, as well as informing them on new products, discounts and other useful items.
- Answer all account inquiries in accordance with company values and expectations.
- Perform “ride-withs” with various supplier reps to sell beer together.
- Maintain a database of account contacts and their current information.
- Evaluate reports and digest information and then practically apply the data to increase sales.
- Budget time effectively as you’re expected to visit in person every account in your territory each week.
- Open new locations as they come online and seek out new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain an active social media presence to increase exposure and generate more business for your accounts as well as Shangy’s.
- Execute 2-hour samplings at Grocery stores multiple times per month. Some nights and weekend availability are required.
- Must be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after the consumption of alcohol during social events.
- Position requires frequent travel and applicants must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Help out fellow employees at beer fests or other events as warranted. Some nights and weekend availability are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- This position is an entry-level position preferring a 4-year college degree and/or relevant work experience with a track record of success. Must possess basic math skills.
- Previous Grocery or Chain or Bottle Shop “beer buyer” experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to the ever-changing demands of the position and market.
- Passion for and knowledge of craft beer is appreciated.
- This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Candidates must have a reliable personal vehicle for daily use and a clean driving record. Candidates must also acquire auto insurance coverage in line with Shangy’s auto policy as a condition of employment and are expected to maintain as such throughout the course of employment.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Candidates must also possess a smartphone capable of reading and responding to emails, taking pictures and opening attachments.
Please provide a Resume and Cover Letter explaining your qualifications and why you would like the job. Applications without either will be immediately discarded.
Employee benefits include health insurance, 401K/Roth matching retirement plans and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Shangy’s is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.