Senior Market Manager
Apply for Job
The Senior Market Manager will be responsible for leading the sales teams and their efforts in the Southern California/Southern Nevada markets. Responsibilities will focus on brand building, customer relations and delivering sales through building/maintaining a great team, effective management of partners in key accounts and distributor networks, and achieving profit goals. This position may be based in LA or Orange County.
- Lead a diverse team, providing strategic vision and clarity of responsibilities to achieve success.
- Relationship building with managers within our distributor network.
- Set and monitor team sales goals.
- Facilitate growth and learning opportunities for team.
- Plan and execute planning meetings with distributors.
- Manage distributor selling efforts to include distributor distribution goals, distributor volume goals, marketing program execution, crew drives, work withs, and reporting systems.
- Responsible for working with team to ensure successful distributor relationships.
- Relationship building with key decision makers in top on and off premise accounts.
- Lead the hiring, training, and performance management of team members.
- Fiscal responsibilities for assigned region.
- Responsible for representing Deschutes Brewery at assigned events.
What you’ll Need for this Position:
- Four-year college degree or comparable work experience.
- A minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership position in adult beverage sales, preferably in craft beer sales.
- Strong interpersonal, proven leadership and analytical skills.
- Proven skills developing and managing budgetary responsibilities.
- Ability to identify opportunities to achieve goals.
- Strong knowledge of data gathering through IRI, VIP and Nielsen.
- Knowledge of legal issues related to alcohol sales.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, specifically working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid driver license and clean driving record.
- A passion for the craft beer industry and Deschutes Brewery products.