White Lion Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
White Lion Brewing is currently looking for a Brand Manager responsible for Sales, Events and Co-Brand Management. The incumbent will manage its Massachusetts territory. This is done by managing the distributor and self-distribution network to ensure the distributor and company are offering White Lion to on and off premise accounts. In addition, the Brand Manager works autonomously to focus on developing new accounts and maintaining current accounts within the territories. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in new and existing accounts by using consultative sales tactics.
Candidate must have Craft Beer experience both on and off premise and be located in the greater Springfield area.
The ideal candidate will visit key accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor sales reps to achieve sales objectives. The position requires a self- motivated, organized and passionate person with craft brew or other spirt/wine sales experience. Someone who brings significant ambition, strong leadership qualities and a desire to be a team player.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Off Premise Sales:
Ideal candidate will visit key accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor sales reps to achieve sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory
- Sell our brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors.
- Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review in-store priorities
- Enhance the business by gaining new points of distribution
- Participation in special events, trade shows and other marketing activities on behalf of the brand
- Occasional travel to other sales territories to provide similar support as necessary
Establish a portfolio of permanent and seasonal accounts
- Develop influential relationships with decision makers at key on premise accounts
- Work with key accounts to develop brand image in the on premise market
- Communicate strategic priorities, drive and manage key initiatives, and develop systems to track and manage. Monitor sales progress against business plans.
- Execute brand distribution goals and manage overall performance
- Manage all key account performance and development
- Introduce and sample new products an packages to customers
- Solicit and gain product visibility and presence of brand in key accounts
- Make account calls to chains accounts and key on premise accounts
- Manage POS allocation and execution standards
- Provide sales analysis insight to upper management, including evaluation of trends and obstacles.
- Proven success in sales call strategies
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium brand selling skills are a must
- Innovative and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding business
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against goals
- Track record of success in a highly self-directed environment
- Must be organized with strong written and verbal communications
- Working knowledge of Slack, Google Drive, Dropbox and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel frequently as required
- Ability of analyze and think strategically
- Attention to detail
- Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise and minimal product between accounts within assigned territories
- Must have clean driving record, registration and insurance
- Results oriented and self-motivated with a high sense
- Flexible hours and occasional weekends and nights are required.
Physical Work Environment:
Must be able to:
- Reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Compensation and Disclosures:
- Incumbent must sign a non-compete, confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement.
- Under Massachusetts Law the incumbent is an employee at will.
- Base Salary commensurate with experience. Commission Incentive Package.
- TIPS certification requirement.
- Meet Commonwealth standards for Sales Permit.
- Incumbent reports to the President/ General Manager or designee.
- Incumbent will help coordinate the activity of our Brand Ambassadors.
- Weekly expense card.