Maui Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Position: Packaging Lead
Location: Brewery, Kihei, HI
Reports to: Packaging Supervisor
Manager: Director of Brewery Operations
This position is responsible for hands-on leadership and support in performing packaging functions, from set-up to clean-up, organization, and cleanliness of the packaging and warehouse facilities.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Ability to perform complete operation of all packaging machinery, including but not limited to: preparations, continuous operation, regular maintenance, troubleshooting, emergency repairs, and daily clean-up and shut-down.
- Provide guidance and training to packaging personnel in daily operations.
- Report progress, challenges, and concerns to supervisor in a timely and professional manner.
- Display a positive attitude and logical approach to assigned tasks and unexpected challenges.
- Maintain flexibility with scheduling in regards to production needs.
- Adherence to and development of SOP’s, ensuring the final product meets all specifications.
- Display a working knowledge of mechanical and automated equipment, including ability to contact and communicate with staff and/or technicians to effectively address issues.
- Adherence to Maui Brewing safety guidelines and the ability to recognize and report potential issues.
- Ability to perform packaging related QA tasks and understand their relation to product quality.
- Display an understanding of the brewing process with focus on important factors in packaged beer.
- Maintain records and inventories associated with packaged products
- Display awareness for all brewery operations with consideration to changing priorities.
- Display a sense of responsibility through assistance of all packaging employees in ensuring completion of departmental duties.
- High school diploma.
- Requires experience in brewing, packaging, mechanical operations or equivalent related education to work effectively with all staff.
- Maintain professional attitude at work and while representing Maui Brewing Co. outside of the brewery.
- Ability to maintain neat and accurate records.
- Report ready to work on time.
- Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
- Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs. along the floor.
- Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
- Work in small and confined spaces.
- Work on feet for several hours, including entire shift if necessary.
- Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
- Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations.
- Health insurance
- Disability insurance
- Company matching 401k Plan after one year of employment
- Eligible for performance bonus per Brewery Bonus Policy
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) starts at two weeks/year based on hire date