Account Manager-Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
Hop Head Farms
Apply for this Job
Hop Head Farms LLC (www.hopheadfarms.com) is a Midwest leader in the growing and processing of premium hops with over 500 acres currently in production and development. Domestic hop production is supplemented with the marketing of a wide array of imported hops grown by our dedicated growers. We are committed to quality, sustainability, innovation, and most of all, our Craft Brewing customers.
The Hop Head Farms Account Manager works autonomously on maintaining current accounts and developing new business within the craft brewing industry with emphasis on “high touch” sales and customer service, frequent customer contact and consultative sales tactics.
Candidates should possess:
- A desire to build a career in sales
- 2+ years of proven results oriented experience in outside sales or within a relevant industry (craft brewing, “craft” focused food and beverage, hospitality, etc.)
- A competitive spirit, confidence, ambition and a commitment to achieving results
- Excellent organizational skills
- A high level of physical and intellectual energy and demonstrate a positive mindset.
- Strong sense of judgment and professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and within a team to meet objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, though exceptions may be considered for candidates with comparable background acquired through extensive experience
Expectations of the role:
- Maintain and grow current business within the market while developing new opportunities
- Identify and call on core, established accounts, and identify and prioritize new customer opportunities to generate incremental sales
- Develop an action plan to establish business with key strategic accounts
- Build and foster professional business relationships with key strategic accounts and influencers
- Focus on sales of hop and hop products from the company’s portfolio to increase the number of varieties purchased by a client, and increase the volume and/or duration of forward contracts
- Retain current customers and protect Hop Head Farms from competitive threats by maintaining high visibility, providing clear communication and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Establish sales call procedures and processes to deliver results with timely closing and follow-up
- Partner with Hop Head Farms Shipping and Logistics Department to ensure orders are processed and products shipped and received in accordance with customer requirements
- Create and support execution of impactful promotions such as Tap Take-overs, Collaborations, etc.
- Establish sales goals, understand Hop Head Farms “value proposition” and create a selling story while anticipating and handling objections
- Effectively communicate internally with Hop Head Farms teams, and externally with customers
- Develop and conduct impactful sales presentations and engaging interactive hop evaluation (the “rub”)
- Maintain up-to-date sales records and files
- Provide timely, professional and succinct Executive Summaries on successes, achievements, and opportunities
- Utilize company CRM software to ensure account information and activity is kept current
- Demonstrate current working knowledge and fluency in Hop Varieties and Beer Styles
- Understand the Craft Brewing landscape: brands, the market, key players, trends, etc.
- Possess a cursory understanding of the brewing process and how hops are used in the process
- Understand the competitive environment within the hop industry: trends, pricing, etc.
- Manage and adhere to personal Travel & Expense budget
- Adhere to all company policies
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts and markets
- Willingness and ability to travel within the region