Apply for this Job
Mill 95 is Idaho’s first hops pelletizing operation. We bring brewers and hop farmers together so that they can create drinkable works of art. Brewers get the hops they need, and farmers can grow the varietals that brewers want. Our hop roots run deep in Idaho, but they also run wide, in taps around the world. We believe the spirit of beer is in the hops. And while not a necessity for life, hops are one of the essential building blocks of good times. We are thrilled to start-up our Wilder, Idaho operation and seeking a Sales Manager to drive our vision to become the premier source for hops processing within the craft brew industry. Our rewards package is tops including all of the benefits of a larger employer offering like health, PTO, and 401k plan with company match, plus our start-up touch of HSA with employer contribution, direct share of your success through a rewarding base pay and commission structure.
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the sales and marketing plan and ensuring sales goals are met through leading an effective team and establishing strategic and sustainable business relationships with growers and brewers. Additionally, you will:
- Work with general manager to develop strategic plan; execute all sales initiatives and goals.
- Hire, lead, motivate and coach sales team.
- Create sales forecasts, build and deliver on key targets, both local and national.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers, key strategic partners, and key clients.
- Develop proposals and programs for prospective customers.
- Set and drive business growth, expansion and retention strategy; continuously evaluate sales and business development staff and objectives; oversee business development model and innovate change in support of company goals.
- Ensure effective control of sales results; take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of sales objectives falls within designated goals and budgets.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect market and competitive conditions; monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Manage all sales expenses and budgets for the department, with a quarterly and annual budget review with General Manager
- Conduct market analysis to track brand’s performance and work with the General Manager to make informed sales, marketing and production decisions.
- Represent and promote the company at trade association meetings and other industry events.
If you value community, integrity and quality, you’ve met our first qualification. Additionally, we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or similar, and 3-5 years’ proven sales management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hops processing, craft brew or related industry experience
- Customer focus, performance and results driven, team-oriented leader
- Expert relationship, presentation, organization and negotiation skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER