Apply for this Job
Mill 95 is Idaho’s first hops pelletizing operation. We work with every part of the hops chain including buying from farmers, processing, storing and selling to brewers. We are thrilled to start-up our operation in Wilder and looking for a General Manager to take the reins. You will lead all aspects of the business through effective implementation and execution of the business plan and through management of the Sales and Operation teams. Our rewards package is tops including all of the benefits of a large employer offering like health, dental, PTO, and 401k plan with company match, plus our start-up touch of HSA with employer contribution, generous cash compensation and engaged ownership support.
You will lead our charge to capture the imagination of brewers and growers and inspire them to create killer beer through effective implementation and execution of the business plan. Other responsibilities include:
- Hire and onboard key start-up roles.
- Oversee production, engineering, operations and sales to align with the business plan.
- Work closely with the operations manager to ensure overall delivery and quality of the product, inventory management and storage.
- Evaluate all engineering and sales designs and plans to ensure that they are the most cost effective and safe methods that meet and or exceed customer expectations.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies, and directing and coordinating all plant processes and activities.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-range business strategic planning and goals, including sales, financial performance and product development.
- Develop and execute plant manufacturing budgets and evaluate and recommend what new equipment, machinery, talent, and infrastructure the company should invest in to further the company’s development.
- Review with ownership analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. Recommend plan adjustments.
- Resolve operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays to meet future growth.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Review and approve preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Ensure all regulatory compliance and compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
If you value community, integrity and quality, you’ve met our first qualification. Additionally, we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, and 10 years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior engineering, finance or production management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Hops processing, craft brew or related industry experience
- Acute business and financial acumen, strategic planning and problem solving, and collaborative and accountable leadership approach
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER