Brewery Events Business Manager
Terrapin Beer Co
Apply for Job
Job Summary: The Brewery Events Business Manager position is a regular, full-time salaried position responsible for managing all aspects of the daily business operations and financial performance of the Brewery Events department. This includes, regularly occurring tours of the brewery, the interior Tasting Room and outdoor bar areas, indoor and outdoor private event space and both the online store & retail merchandise space. The incumbent will report directly to the Company President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires maintaining a safe and secure working environment within the Brewery Events department at all times. Continually evaluates departmental SOP’s and standards of excellence regarding safety and customer experience.
- Adhere to, promote and hold direct reports accountable to all company policies at all times.
- Direct training and performance evaluations of all supervised employees.
- In coordination with Human Resources, serves as decision maker in the hiring process for new Brewery Events department employees. Anticipates future staffing needs and communicates such to Human Resources.
- Displays effective communication on a daily basis with all employees, management, clients and vendors and serves as point-of-contact for all departmental inquiries.
- Responsible for acquiring all permits, facility use agreements and other legal documents relative to festivals and private events occurring on site.
- Responsible for overall marketing strategy of the department including all social media outreach and the departmental marketing calendar.
- Responsible for managing all components of private event CRM system.
- Responsible for allocating funds for departmental philanthropy plan and for utilization of funds in the community.
- Serves as point of contact for all private event inquiries and responsible for all phases of private event planning & customer interaction.
- Responsible for overall financial performance of the business unit and compliance with assigned budgetary goals.
- Responsible for all departmental data forecasting and reporting which includes, but is not limited to, departmental financials, beer inventory, cost effective scheduling of labor hours, retail merchandise performance and capital expenditures.
- Coordinates with other Company business units for terms and costing of utilizing departmental staff and assets for company affiliated off-site or private events as sponsored by other departments.
- Responsible for weekly accounting for all funds & revenue received during prior week through all departmental revenue channels.
- Responsible for the appearance of, and financial performance of, retail merchandise in both the physical and online Terrapin Store.
- Must be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule that is dependent upon the operational needs of the brewery.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Responsibilities require 24 hours/7 days per week accountability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
4-year degree in Hospitality & Leisure, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or similar degree program with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar industry or job setting. Or relevant work experience and comparable education.
Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication, and strong leadership skills. This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be registered to pour alcoholic beverages in the state of Georgia and be a minimum of 21 years old.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.