Beer Specialist - Sacramento
Apply for this Job
Well-established distributor of fine wines, handcrafted beers & spirits seeking a Beer Specialist with Intermediate Beer & Product Knowledge covering the following area(s):
Provides support and assistance to associates for the purpose of enhancing the Company’s beer business. The primary responsibility will be to develop new opportunities for the Wine Warehouse beer portfolio. Focus will be on assisting management in the achievement of Company goals and objectives through field work, educational seminars, sales training, sales coordination, new account openings, and new product placements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned or requested:
- Field work, both with the sales associates and independently, as determined by management.
- Events planning and coordination in conjunction with associates, Sales management and Specialty Beer & Beverages management.
- Assists associates and management in effectively utilizing point of sale materials.
- Trains associates in product knowledge and portfolio management.
- Assists Regional Managers in Supplier relations through ride withs, program management, information dispersal, and during product seminars presentations
- Maintains ongoing contact with key customers in the Region: makes ongoing, scheduled sales calls with key customers for the purpose of presenting and placing new items, selling key program items, selling special focus items, limited availability items, special seasonal items, new draft programs and new brand launches.
- Provides strategic support in draft service
- May be assigned individual accounts on a commission or non-commission basis at the discretion of the Company.
- Clears all planned special events with the Specialty Beer & Beverages management.
- Responsible for primary coordination of events for the Region as approved by Division management.
- Provides weekly report to Beer Manager with a copy to the Regional Manager of all activities, schedules, ride with results, direct sales placements, new accounts opened, and any other information as requested by the Beer Manager or the Company.
- Conducts a minimum of (1) session per month, scheduled by the Regional Manager, for the purpose of training sales associates in product knowledge and sales techniques.
- All Regional Specialists may be required to spend time in the office assisting with the organization and maintenance of point of sale materials, draft equipment, etc.
- Minimum of 4-5 years progressive sales experience preferably in the beverage industry
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of beer styles, production methods and countries of origin.
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make a strong business case without “over-selling”