Apply for this Job
Independence Brewing Company in Austin, Texas is recruiting for a high energy, experienced Sales Representative to join our team for the Arkansas and neighboring markets. Founded in 2004, Independence Brewing Co. has been a leader in Texas’ rapidly growing craft beer movement. After expanding to new markets in Texas and growing to 16,000 barrels produced in 2016, Independence is at a key transition point to become a regional brewery. The Sales Representative will serve as a key member of the brewery team and will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our distribution and account partners to promote Independence Brewing products within the assigned territory. Sales Reps are accountable for achieving assigned volume and profit goals, assigned distribution goals, volume per outlet goals and securing all account standards.
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR INDEPENDENCE EMPLOYEES
SALES REPRESENTATIVE - Status: Full Time Revised On: 1/18/17 Reports To: Sales Manager
KEY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
Utilize proven sales tools and techniques determined by Independence Brewing Co. to achieve account specific sales goals in assigned accounts on an assigned schedule. Communicates and coordinates with brewery personal to ensure accounts are properly serviced. Develops and maintains a positive Company image by ensuring excellent customer relations with retailers and our distributing partners. Ensure honesty and integrity is maintained within our Company.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Independence Brewing Co. reserves the right to add or delete specific duties and responsibilities from this position as external or internal considerations may require. The following functions are required but not meant to be all inclusive.
- Be able to achieve specified account goals and sales volume.
- Develop strong relationships with account managers and decision makers within set assigned account base.
- Utilize sales tools to execute sophisticated, fact based sales presentations.
- Develop efficient and profitable deliveries (when needed) for routes/routines.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work a flexible work schedule (weekends, nights, and holidays).
- Ensure quality standards through shelf life monitoring and draught line cleaning.
- Grow Independence Brewing fan base through on-site promotions, in store tastings, and special events.
- Work with our distributing partners to ensure solid communication on brands, account needs, and distribution gained.
- Ensure all licensed accounts in your respective market area are serviced and given the opportunity to purchase Independence products.
- Develop and maintain a complete working knowledge of required administrative documents and team selling tools. * Sales Reps Monthly Bonus Documents - *Draught and package growth - *Sales Promotions - *Incentives - *Weekly sales recaps.
- Promptly report all POS opportunities to management and distributor for specific accounts with signage, price features, etc.
- Attend all required sales meetings.
- Secure Independence Brewing portfolio in non-buying accounts.
- Maintain an email/contact directory for all customers in your area of responsibility.
- Monitor and report competitive activity such as pricing, special promotions, etc.
- Efficiently assist/manage product orders to minimize product returns or order refusals.
- Continually strive to maintain product price features or focus nights. Execute regularly scheduled sampling events to grow brand awareness and grow retailer relations.
- Continually strive to expand Independence Brewing Draught tap distribution.
- Achieves Company goals on distribution of products/packages by selling the entire portfolio into assigned accounts, and communicating NEW products/packages when necessary for roll out of new brands.
- Adhere to scheduled ride with or market work with distributing partners.
- Adhere to strict safe working practices, Company policies, and report any obvious hazards to management/ownership.
- Must adhere to Independence Brewing Co. Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Driving history subject to checks at Company’s discretion.
90% In Market Sales