Territory Sales Manager
Hermitage Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Position: Territory Sales Manager
We are looking for entrepreneurial, commission sales people that have a demonstrated ability to close business. We are keen to grow our account base for upcoming sour beer seasonal releases now that our 5,000-barrel sour annex is built-out. This is in addition to growing our account base for our current, established Hermitage brand of products. Southern Wine and Spirits in Northern California currently distribute our Brand, and we have multiple open geographies to hire for. You will plan, organize, and control sales functions in the territory to optimize growth objectives by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in overall goal planning for sale of our beers in your territory.
- Plan and participate in regular distributor training activities including presenting at sales meetings, providing sales materials, and riding with distributor Sales Professionals. Distributor Sales Professionals are a key source of account leads.
- Prospects new business by determining focus areas within territory, setting up presentations, and utilizing follow up techniques. We expect you to look at territory with entrepreneurial eyes to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and penetration.
- Set up and participate in in-store promotions, beer dinners, industry trade shows/conferences & special events
- Maintain self-education on our brands and the craft beer industry in general.
- Effectively manage your territory, organize an efficient calendar and schedule, including a daily/weekly route along with a monthly, quarterly and yearly plan.
- Prepare monthly paperwork on time in a neat, legible, and professional manner (digital preferred). Self-report on commissionable sales you achieve based on distributor deletion data.
- Use VIP (Vermont Information Processing) and their new CRM function, KARMA notes, to keep thorough and up to date digital notes on all existing accounts, and a pipeline of business opportunities.
- Participate with distributor ordering/forecasting to ensure that distributor has adequate inventory for each sales period in your territory.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university: or ten years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively with management and distributor sales professionals.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- This position requires a Class C license with a clean MVR.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. Pre-employment drug screening, physical and motor vehicle background check are required.